what did you do today that was Christmassy?

I've got Ds3 home and just discovered home alone 2 on Netflix. He has seen number 1 and 3 but not 2. This is my favourite one.

Nothing so far other than plug in my living room lights for the kids, they love them!

Had a toy sort out and now watching a Christmas film on christmas24.

Well I had insomnia last night - so was awake from 12.55am. I gave in trying to sleep at 3.30 and came downstairs and watched home alone with my blanket on the sofa.

Weve also been working on our new house today and weve knocked a big hole in the chimney breast so my fake woodburner can sit in it. Ooooh how festive its going to be!! xx

That sounds like it's going to be lovely.

I went shopping! I bought advent calenders and Christmas eve pj's

Nothing Christmassy today as it's Remembrance Day.

Tomorrow Christmas starts full-swing for many though around here.

Have been watching hallmark christmas movies, and coloring in my adult christmas books with the kids past couple days, have had sick kids home, so chilling quite a bit!!

DS is sick today with a fever so we are snuggled on the sofa watching polar express. We also have 20cm of snow outside so it feels pretty Christmassy! Yesterday we built a snowman which was fun!

Changed my avatar and siggy! :xmas13:

Felt sick from eating too much chocolate! Only ate quarter of a box of matchsticks, need to up m tolerance ;)

Listened to Christmas music very loudly while sorting out our storage compartments etc, i am sure my neighbors and people walking past heard the music, oh well hopefully i got them in the spirit ;)

DS is sick today with a fever so we are snuggled on the sofa watching polar express. We also have 20cm of snow outside so it feels pretty Christmassy! Yesterday we built a snowman which was fun!

So so jealous!!!

I finally bought some wrapping paper :happydance: and it was all from Poundland which i am totally loving at the minute, all my new Christmas breakfast tableware (cheap but cheerful!) is from there and now all my wrapping paper too

We measured up for fitting our fold out dining table together with our normal dining table for when family come for a Christmas meal the weekend before Christmas. We worked out that we can create one big long table, dh is calling it the banquet table lol I also worked out the seating plan mixing us all in together. Usually with BIL is involved he will take over and have a separate kids table which dh and/or I usually end up sitting at to sort the kids and everyone else is enjoying themselves while we are trying to convince small people to eat and stop looking at each other. His kids never had to sit at their own table when they were little. Anyway I'm going to print name cards and get it all set up before he arrives and we've dotted our 4 round between everyone so that everyone gets to join in the fun. Dh will be next to Ds3 and I will be next to ds4 and the other two are 8 and 9 so won't be any trouble anyway.

We measured up for fitting our fold out dining table together with our normal dining table for when family come for a Christmas meal the weekend before Christmas. We worked out that we can create one big long table, dh is calling it the banquet table lol I also worked out the seating plan mixing us all in together. Usually with BIL is involved he will take over and have a separate kids table which dh and/or I usually end up sitting at to sort the kids and everyone else is enjoying themselves while we are trying to convince small people to eat and stop looking at each other. His kids never had to sit at their own table when they were little. Anyway I'm going to print name cards and get it all set up before he arrives and we've dotted our 4 round between everyone so that everyone gets to join in the fun. Dh will be next to Ds3 and I will be next to ds4 and the other two are 8 and 9 so won't be any trouble anyway.

That sounds incredibly annoying that they do that to you! Hopefully you being proactive gets you from dealing with everyone else's kids too!

Today I pulled out my Christmas tree! I put a few ornaments on, hopefully ds will get used to it being there and stop pulling at it.

I've put my light up twiggy tree out :D Were also going to Center Parcs today for the weekend for the winter wonderland :D Can't wait!! I've got the 3ft tree ready to bring with us. Were going on an elf hunt, a festive treasure trail and a visit to santa - plus whatever else we find there!! xx

Sounds like a lot of fun mummy may.
Mushy, BIL seems to do it a lot. He'll either invite us to something but arrange it to be so late that we have to miss out, or simply not include us. Dh is older than me, so all his brothers and sisters kids are grown up. He said their kids were never made to sit away from everyone, but it seems they are all ' over' the little kid thing and want to do more grown up stuff. A few years ago, when we only had the 2 boys, we had a big family christmas on Christmas day at mils, BIL swooped in with his organising and sat us on the tablein the dining room with Mil and fil, mils mum and fils parents, while in the living there was another table with him, their sister, his 2 kids and her 2 kids (all older) and they were having a fantastic time laughing and cheering and singing while although we enjoyed the company at our table it was much more subdued and there were comments on how much or how little Ds1 was choosing to eat.
I understand not wanting to be surrounded by little kids sometimes, but if they are coming to my house then they can't exclude the people who live here from their festivities, I mean its our wedding anniversary that day too! If we all sit at separate tables then they might as well not be here

Last night we went to the local shopping centre and saw all the Christmas lights and explored John Lewis's Christmas department! It was lovely, Micah kept shouting "wow there's Christmas EVERYWHERE!"

Here he is arranging a nativity scene on the shop floor, apparently the angel is bringing baby Jesus a moustache!:haha:
https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_20151112_201115_zpslr7utaxq.jpg

I made some potato shapes last night (star, tree and snowman) and will be stamping paint on luggage tags for the presents with DD1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->