What did you give birth in??

Diamondgirl13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Sounds silly but what did you/are you giving birth in? I really can't remember what I packed the first time!! I don't plan on going in water!! thanks x

My first birth I was in a nightgown that buttoned down the front so I could breastfeed and do skin to skin immediately after birth. I had a very long labour so I changed into it when we were at the hospital and just popped it on/off whenever I went in the shower (which was often!). My second birth I was in just a nursing bra. I had a very fast labour, I was in a t-shirt and pyjama pants when we arrived at the hospital. My water broke in the car so as soon as we arrived I took off my pants and underwear, then I was really hot so I took off my t-shirt and was just in a bra. My bra popped open while I was pushing so I may as well have just been naked!

First I was induced unexpectedly so hospital gown. Second I randomly wore a nighty to bed that night. I will be getting a nighty to wear around my due date this time, since my babies come at night and fast, I don't really have time to get dressed. I threw that nighty out because it got birth stuff all over it. So a cheap nighty.

I took a nightie with me but ended up in a hospital gown. Can't even remember when/why haha. After ds was born they just folded it down for me so he could go straight on my chest. I actually think that was better than the proper nightie I took because even though that had buttons, I wouldn't have been able to get it down off my shoulders for full skin to skin.

On a side note I also bought new soft slippers to take, thinking "these will be nice for the next few weeks I'm at home with the baby too". Haha. Hahaha. They looked like a murder scene the first time I stood up after giving birth :rofl: never made it home with me!

I took a nightie with me but ended up in a hospital gown. Can't even remember when/why haha. After ds was born they just folded it down for me so he could go straight on my chest. I actually think that was better than the proper nightie I took because even though that had buttons, I wouldn't have been able to get it down off my shoulders for full skin to skin.

On a side note I also bought new soft slippers to take, thinking "these will be nice for the next few weeks I'm at home with the baby too". Haha. Hahaha. They looked like a murder scene the first time I stood up after giving birth :rofl: never made it home with me!

I got slippers from ikea for $1.99! After being all over the hospital floor no way did I want those back in my house! Into the trash!

Yes, that's exactly what my mum said when I told her - "did you really want slippers you wore in the hospital back in the house with you?" I was like hmm...perhaps not haha. Although they were soft soled so I'd planned on washing them. But those things looked like a scene from Carrie the morning after he was born so I never bothered haha.

I was naked, but then I was in the water and at a birth center in the middle of the night and there were only three (four?) people on the premises. (midwife, husband, me, baby)

A nighty that actually was clean after the birth. I think it was hiked way up under me.. I plan to wear it again this time. It was easy enough to move, loose, and I was able to skin to skin/bf right after he was born.

Started in a vest top, then my nightie, then hospital gown until finally I'd had enough and chucked it on the floor and was naked.

Long vest top. I had planned on my button down front nightie but turned out to be too hot and annoying so went for vest top in the end. This time I'm having water birth so will likely be vest top again as don't fancy ruining my bikini tops! Just bought a load from primark and I can just chuck them away after.

I was given a gown to wear, my hospital bag was in the car, I would have been happy to leave my top and be naked from the waist down but by the time I got into the room I was only 10 minutes away from pushing so actually what I was wearing was the last thing on my mind

With my first I was in a vest top but got an epidural and gave birth in theatre so ended up in a hospital gown.

With my second I changed into a nightie from my hospital bag and gave birth in that.

With my first 2 I wore a nighty, number 3 and 4 I wore a t-shirt and bikini bottoms until the time as they were both water births. #5 was just a t-shirt and jumper as I didn't have time for my water birth or to even get changed into a nighty :)

First time, one of hubby's shirts which I wish I hadn't because it stuck to me. Second time, a hospital gown and it drove me insane because I kept getting caught in it trying to get comfortable. Last time, just my sports bra. Will be the same this time unless I choose to be nude. I'm unsure if I'm just going to do skin to skin or I'm going to feed baby at delivery.

Baby one I'd packed some cheap nighties , I was induced , they broke my water and sent me for a walk . Within 30 min I was in established labour . So as soon as i got back in the room I had my bottom half whisked off for exams , then I think I left my bfs tshirt on :shrug::haha: . Baby 2 I was induced , I started in a cami/short pj set . But after an hr of contractions I whipped the shorts off as they were annoying me ! Ended up with a csec 10hrs later . Was put in a gown. Baby 3 was an elcs , so a gown again but as soon as i was on the ward and spinal wore off I got help to change unto some nice pretty pj's. I didn't bleed much after either csec . I think if i go into labour before my elcs and Dr's approve the vbac I'll wear a long vest top that I bought in a regular store (check out ebay they're dirt cheap there!) And just bought it two sizes too big. Because it's a low scoop neck it will be easy to pop baby down it for skin to skin :cloud9:

A cheap button down nightie I never got round to wearing last time because I was induced to had to wear a gown. If I have a water birth I guess Il just wear a sports bra top.

Ended up pretty much naked both times :rofl: first was in PJs, bottoms came off and when she was born mw pulled up my top for skin to skin. Second was in the pool but had him out of it, was in a tankini but she took it off me as I was wet and soaking a beanbag. This time I'm trying a nightie... Bet they take that off too :haha:

Ended up pretty much naked both times :rofl: first was in PJs, bottoms came off and when she was born mw pulled up my top for skin to skin. Second was in the pool but had him out of it, was in a tankini but she took it off me as I was wet and soaking a beanbag. This time I'm trying a nightie... Bet they take that off too :haha:

It's funny how before we go into labour we're very aware of showing our body and for most women we feel pretty self conscious . Yet as soon as we're in established labor we couldn't give a monkeys just how many people are present looking up our hoohaa whilst we roll about naked mooing like a mad cow :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->