What do BH feel like?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Welsh_mum2be, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Welsh_mum2be

Welsh_mum2be Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering what BH feel like? I don't think ive had any yet? But I do get sharp pains that last for a few seconds.

2. SOON2bMum_87

SOON2bMum_87 Member

Hiya!
    For me it feels like the bottom of my stomach goes really hard and tight and feels really heavy for a few secs. They don't hurt but I hear for some people they do. Some people don't get them at all!

Good Luck xx

3. Szaffi

Szaffi Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing WelshMum, I don't think I've gotten any yet.

4. LilianA

LilianA Well-Known Member

same as what soon2bmum said.. some times all the sudden ill feel the bottom of my belly real tight for a few seconds and other times ill feel it coming slowly and my belly gets tighter and tighter till it reaches a peak then starts easing off those are the type that my doctor told me to be aware of and make sure i don't have more than 5 in one hour.
    oh btw with my first I didnt get any at all. with this one they started at 18 weeks.

5. x-li-x

x-li-x Me & Hubby + 3 :)

same for me really but mine did hurt lol x

6. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

this is my 3rd baby and each pregnancy they have got more painful.

i started getting them at 18 weeks this time and they were mild, but now ive hit the 30 week mark boy oh boy sometimes i have to stop what im doing and sit for a few mins.

oh and they make me need a wee lol

7. moomoo

moomoo Mumma to 2 & 1 in heaven!

My belly goes into the tightest smallest little ball you can imagine..and it goes rock hard!! My hurt too sometimes - and lou thats so true, it feels like your bladder is being sucked into the ball too!! hahaha :)

x

8. snugglebot

snugglebot Very blessed

I seem to get them alot after I pee.... I wonder if that is normal

9. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

Same here...third child too..they hurt sometimes...feel like tightening...and pressure...they happen moe and more each day :(

10. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

oh btw...I didn't really get them wit my first...I mean I thought I didn't...but they were not bad at all..they were unnoticed

11. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

Well a few weeks ago i started getting what i thought were BH's, and my belly would go incredibly tight and hard like it was scrunching up into a ball around my belly button and then after a couple of seconds would relax. They weren't painful just a bit uncomfy really, and strange to watch.

This morning though i have been getting the same thing but they actually ARE painful and like a horrible AF cramp or like i ate something dodgy and am about to regret it! So either the first ones weren't BH's, or else my BH's have stepped it up a notch, or else these new ones aren't BH's :shrug:

OH did some research online before he went to work (i think i was making him nervous having so many close together, lol) and concluded, in his wisdom, that they ARE braxton hicks, but if they get any worse i am to call triage!

Hope that helps?! :thumbup: