What do i do?!

Star wildcat

Reaction score
Hey, i am a single mother to a 22 month old LB.
We live in a council house and i work part time.
My ex partner works full time at the same place i work but we do not talk and he hardly ever comes round to see our little one.
Since we split he has been paying me £100 a month in maintainance.
This means £25 a week which we are struggling with.
I have asked my ex for £150 a month to help out, but he said no as he doesnt believe i should be able to live 'comfortably' on his money.

I have spoken to CSA and they have calculated that with my ex's £300 a week wage my son is entitled to £50 a week meaning £200 a month!
What do i do? Struggle on or go through CSA to get the extra?

Do the CSA take money from it? would it be worth it?

Sorry i am rather clueless to this :shrug:

I don't know the system well, but def go through CSA!!!! He sounds like a prick, I have a friend who gets £200 a month, CSA take it out his wages and then pay it to her- no contact needed with him. The only thing you have to bare in mind is if he has a child with someone else and they split your amount could reduce because they don't take two full amounts from him. I think I heard somewhere 15% for one child.

But either way DEFINITELY go through CSA.

My oh has children with an ex. He chose to go through csa just because its easier for him really. The money goes straight out of his pay every month before it comes to him. I'm due in June, and his payments will drop significantly then. At least if you go through csa, he can't just decide to stop payments or anything like that. Even if he lost his job, he would have to pay £5 a week from his jobseekers. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->