what do i want for chrismass????? what do you want? gift ideas wanted

I really just want baby related items as it'll be less out of our pockets anyway. I don't need anything personally. I would love to have a nice diaper bag that looks like a big purse instead of too babyish, a 4d scan session so I can have great pics of baby before he's born or a good macro lens for my dslr so I can take lower light pics of my newborn without having to worry about waking him up and so I can get up closer for better detail. Hubby and I already have plenty of "toys" and I can't get nice clothes til after baby is born anyway.

I have no idea either. I asked for a spa day lol, but for after baby is here..should get one anyways after all the hardwork of childbirth :)

https://www.pandora.net/en-gb/explore/products/charms#
It should be the very bottom right one it's not the easiest website to use on an iPhone lol
X

My mom is getting me a nice DSLR camera and I *think* my Dh is going to get me the Nintendo 3DS and a game or two!

Is there a magazine you Love but haven't wanted to fork out the money to get a subscription? Do you have a good camera? A book you've been wanting to read? Favorite movies? Gift Cards so that you can "treat yourself" when you feel like spending some money?

oooh all great ideas! thanks i am now thinking.. a weekend away!?? i wouldnt feel good going abroad with the bump lol but maybe not too far like paris lol :)

Oh yes, that's a wonderful idea! A little babymoon before you have your lo!

ooh i love the idea of a baby moon! xx

I have no idea either. I asked for a spa day lol, but for after baby is here..should get one anyways after all the hardwork of childbirth :)

haha you sure shoudl get it! ;P

i am not making any plans for after baby lol il want to be with her to much - when are you planning on going, when your babys how old?

https://www.pandora.net/en-gb/explore/products/charms#
It should be the very bottom right one it's not the easiest website to use on an iPhone lol
X

thanks xx

I just clicked the link and it doesn't show it at the top select silver charms with no stone and keep clicking show more at the bottom you'll eventually come to it
It's £30

haha you sure shoudl get it! ;P

i am not making any plans for after baby lol il want to be with her to much - when are you planning on going, when your babys how old?

I'm not to sure whether to go before or after lol. Probably after, see how daddy copes on his own lol.

Maybe this link works...although I only buy mine from the Pandora shops x

https://www.chains-and-charms.com/pandora-jewelry/baby-booties/pandora-baby-carriage-charms.html

I want ZERO gifts related to baby. That's what I want and what I am sure I won't get.

lol is there a reason for this? xx

The reason is because whenever people ask about what hubby or I want for Christmas they'll ask him and he'll say whatever it is he is thinking of. Then when they ask me it's like the automatically assume I am going to want something baby-related just because I am the one with the baby in my uterus. Hubby gets the "What do you want for Christmas" and I get "So what would you like for Christmas... anything for baby?" So I feel like hubby is allowed to continue to be his own individual person with individual wants and needs but now I am "pregnant woman" who could only possibly be interested in a gift if it is baby-related. I guess I feel like I sometimes get lost in pregnancy to the pregnancy itself. People don't think about me as me with my own individual wants and needs but as "expectant mother". And the truth is - we don't need anything for baby. My husband and I are buying all of our baby needs ourselves. So no - I don't want or need anything for the baby.

Yeah sorry - it's a mini-rant but it's something that bothers me. Similar things have happened ever since I announced my pregnancy. Like at Halloween at work we had a pumpkin carving/decorating contest but we had to use all office supplies to decorate the pumpkin. I made "push-pin pumpkin head" (a play on Pinhead from the movie Hell Raiser) and I got gasps of astonishment because apparently it was too violent of a pumpkin theme for a pregnant woman to have created and that they expected me to fit pregnancy into the theme somehow. Again - WHY??

So basically I'd just like to be asked what I want - for me - not the baby. If someone wants to buy a present for me (not that I want for anything in particular of even expect anything i particular) I just would like them to think of me when choosing the gift - not of baby. That's what a shower is for.

wow! :) very detailed answer hehe thank you

- i do know what you mean- to start with i said nothing baby related now i cant think of anything i want lol i thought why not :p but your right you are an individual being i completly see what you mean x

I want a yummy mummy changing bag and a 4d scan.... Oh and something sparkly

I just Googled 'Yummy Mummy changing bag' didn't really think it was a real bag lol. But now, I want one!

Thanks ladies, sure my o/h will love splashing out £75 on a bag lol .x

I want ZERO gifts related to baby. That's what I want and what I am sure I won't get.

lol is there a reason for this? xx

The reason is because whenever people ask about what hubby or I want for Christmas they'll ask him and he'll say whatever it is he is thinking of. Then when they ask me it's like the automatically assume I am going to want something baby-related just because I am the one with the baby in my uterus. Hubby gets the "What do you want for Christmas" and I get "So what would you like for Christmas... anything for baby?" So I feel like hubby is allowed to continue to be his own individual person with individual wants and needs but now I am "pregnant woman" who could only possibly be interested in a gift if it is baby-related. I guess I feel like I sometimes get lost in pregnancy to the pregnancy itself. People don't think about me as me with my own individual wants and needs but as "expectant mother". And the truth is - we don't need anything for baby. My husband and I are buying all of our baby needs ourselves. So no - I don't want or need anything for the baby.

Yeah sorry - it's a mini-rant but it's something that bothers me. Similar things have happened ever since I announced my pregnancy. Like at Halloween at work we had a pumpkin carving/decorating contest but we had to use all office supplies to decorate the pumpkin. I made "push-pin pumpkin head" (a play on Pinhead from the movie Hell Raiser) and I got gasps of astonishment because apparently it was too violent of a pumpkin theme for a pregnant woman to have created and that they expected me to fit pregnancy into the theme somehow. Again - WHY??

So basically I'd just like to be asked what I want - for me - not the baby. If someone wants to buy a present for me (not that I want for anything in particular of even expect anything i particular) I just would like them to think of me when choosing the gift - not of baby. That's what a shower is for.

I agree with you 100%. When we were talking about Xmas gifts the other day my sister said she will make me up a hamper of baby toiletries. I smiled and said thankyou when inside I was thinking 'but that's not what I want'. I will definitely feel VERY sad if all I open on Christmas day is things for the baby. I sound so ungrateful but Im not.
Another reason is because I want to go out with OH and buy all the baby bits. Its been such a lovely bonding time for us that I don't want anyone taking that away. I'm not asking anyone for anything baby wise, we can get it all after Christmas and pick out the bits we want.

Urrgghhhh I sound so grumpy lol

I know - it does come across as sounding cranky or ungrateful but that's not even what it's about. It was totally different for my first baby. We wanted baby gifts at Christmas because we needed the items badly as we simply couldn't afford it all on our own! This time is different. We can and want to do it ourselves. Plus - it is nice to know you are more than just a temporary baby incubator sometimes and to be thought of as a person.

My Christmas wishlist is made up almost exclusively of baby stuff. My way of thinking is that I'm getting my Christmas gift three months after Christmas - I want for nothing else.

BUT, I do need all the paraphernalia that goes with a baby and we are going to be tight for money, so I may as well take advantage of people wanting to buy me (or baby!) something and request those items in the hope that we'll be lucky enough to be given at least a few of those items we need.

Plus, by specifying stuff like that, we don't run the risk of receiving lovely, but useless gifts either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->