what do i want for chrismass????? what do you want? gift ideas wanted

I COMPLETELY agree Sew_Sweet. I figure if you're just buying something for the baby don't phrase it as you're giving me a gift. Because I won't use a pacifier or diapers or toys. And definitely don't treat DH like he isn't a father yet but me as a mother.

I asked for a new iMac (DH has known for a while that this is what i wanted) and probably some gift cards for books and cookbooks.

from others I honestly only expect things for the baby because unfortunately I'm no longer me....I'm the baby holder

Yeah I get what you mean about hubby still getting things for him and you get baby items... But DH and I both are requesting baby items instead of individual presents since both of us really don't need anything so it's more fair than being singled out. It would annoy me too if that's all people thought I wanted without me saying anything first.

My Christmas wishlist is made up almost exclusively of baby stuff. My way of thinking is that I'm getting my Christmas gift three months after Christmas - I want for nothing else.

BUT, I do need all the paraphernalia that goes with a baby and we are going to be tight for money, so I may as well take advantage of people wanting to buy me (or baby!) something and request those items in the hope that we'll be lucky enough to be given at least a few of those items we need.

Plus, by specifying stuff like that, we don't run the risk of receiving lovely, but useless gifts either :)

smart thinking - what sort of things have you asked for , for baby x

Yeah I get what you mean about hubby still getting things for him and you get baby items... But DH and I both are requesting baby items instead of individual presents since both of us really don't need anything so it's more fair than being singled out. It would annoy me too if that's all people thought I wanted without me saying anything first.

hey there what baby items are you asking for? i was thinking of asking mother inlaw for baby furniture

I asked for baby stuff...I figure I can give-up Christmas for one year to get stuff for my first baby :) but, I did ask for a Marc Jacobs Elizababy diaper bag ;)

im 23 and for the past 5 years when ever asked xmas or b-day the answer is the same
'i dont want or need anything'
if pushed socks.

I'm asking for a few books and some maternity clothes/supplies. I figure the maternity items are a nice compromise because they're things I want for me but they're also baby-related.

I haven't really thought about it. I know mum will put a bit of money into my account so that I can buy baby things and that is what I would prefer. OH and I also decided to focus on something baby related. So I am wishing (and getting as far as I know, ebay is your friend) for this nappy bag that comes with changing mat and insulated bottle cover. Might be too girly for some of you gals but I am otherwise not at all girly and our pram will just be black so that I think I can get away with something a lil more flowery :) OH wants one or two babybjörn baby carriers depending on if I can find a good price for them somewhere. Anyone have any experience with these? Would you recommend them or is there a better alternative out there?

My mother in law wants ideas for me--I told my husband to ask for slippers (I don't have any, think they are nice for winter, and I will need them in the hospital for delivery.) But she didn't like the idea of getting me slippers, so now I am thinking of asking for cleaning service for a day to help me get my house in order!

i told people i don't mind what i get...
my husband got me a necklace for christmas he brought it in london when we were there... which is very pretty. but other than that i dont know

The only thing I can think of that I really want for myself, is a new DSLR camera so we can take lots of pics of our little girl when she's born. My OH is paying off an engagement ring atm, and I will get that some time between now and when bub is born... we don't generally buy each other gifts for xmas...but suprise each other just whenever lol... and hell, nothing is really gonna top a new diamond! Sooo theres nothing else really that I want!

I need a new laptop, but that's something I prefer to buy myself as I'm very particular lol

I'm struggling for ideas, we are moving house mid december so all of our attention is on that so haven't given Christmas much of a thought. The only thing I can come up with is a Radley diaper/nappy bag but I don't think dh will get it as he seems really funny about buying baby stuff until like a month before the baby is due.

Plus my birthday is on the 26th of december so that makes things even more difficult. I've been wanting to see the Wizard of Oz in the Westend so told hubby if he didn't have any other ideas for birthday to take me to dinner and the show.

thats sounds good and wow that is close to xmas my bday is the 18th of dec so a week before

ANGEL UK - IM VERRYYY GIRLY lol and thats such a cute bag hehe :)

mavy - why didnt she like the idea of slippers? lol makes sence something practical and needed

Ask for a yummy mummy changing bag lol that's what I asked for xD x

Me too. It will be my only baby related christmas present...well apart from the chair my brother and gf are buying for the baby room....last christmas that will be baby free! :)

i think i have decided to just ask for something baby related but now i cnt think of what baby related items to ask for lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->