what do we pack for the hospital bag , for labor?

mandy87

Reaction score
also anyone knows a good time to have it reaady and packed ? : )

I didn't really use anything in labour other than a face spray, lip balm and a big nightie. I just drank water as found juice/squash/energy drinks too sickly. I packed my bag at 37 weeks last time. Will get round to this one soon hopefully!

In labour I diddnt use anything, she was so fast I diddnt even get chance to open my bag. After I just needed and used basics, toothbrush, pads, breast pads, hairbrush and bobbles, pjs, loungewear, fluffy socks, lots of big black underwear, shampoo and conditioner, make up, face wipes and phone charger.

I plan on having it all packed roughly by 35/36 weeks. X

For the actual labour I'm just packing a bikini top (in case I get a water birth), a nightie, a couple of hair bands, a spare lip balm and a hand held fan.

I packed loads of stuff from basics like toothbrush to dry shampoo but things didn't go to plan and I ended up having a section so all those things I packed didn't even get looked at. I don't know whether it would have been different if I had given birth naturally but you are so exhausted you don't really care what your hair looks like or even care whether or not you remembered to brush your teeth! Change of clothes is a must though and some shower gel as it does feel amazing once you have had a shower. But I'd say, stick to the basics and take big pants :haha: you do bleed quite heavily after and when your waters break you will need a lot of big maternity pads which unfortunately don't fit well in normal knickers.

if you search for a hospital bag list on google youlll get some good ideas.

it all depends if you plan to stay overnight and if you dont but you end up having to is there someone who could bring you your stuff?

if you dont intend to stay long take small things. change of clothes for you. clothes and nappies for baby clothes for partner as if its a long birth they could well get sweaty/bloody etc.

a good magazine and some soap. sweets and a bottled drink. lip balm
big pants maternity pads breast pads and a nighty.

a camera for pics of baby and a phone to tell people

if someone is avaliable to bring you more supplies if you have to stay a night or two then have those supplies packed and ready in a bag at home so whoever is bringing you extra stuff doesnt have to find everything and it will be with you sooner

I found my face cloth the best thing during labour. Had hubby wet it with cold water and put it onto my forehead during pushing, because man, you get so warm. I took lip balm, socks (my feet get so cold in labour), nightie, towels, soap, shampoo and conditioner.
Also maybe a book or magazine in case you have to stay in. Most hospitals have televisions and internet, but the pricing is terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->