What do/will your kids call you both?

LunaBean

Noahs Mama & 7 angels <3
Reaction score
I was just curious as to what names everyone gets called?

Nice to meet ya Doctor...

Hi LUNA :wave:

Well, our DD is 9, she began calling me Mommy and my wife Mom around the age of 7... She is sooo very aware of the fact that we are 2 ladies and clarifies it for those that get confused when writing us, sending things or discussing stuff... :haha:

Megan and Brandon call me mum and my partner Coll but she came on the scene when they were a little older so they always refered to her by her first name and we didn't want to push the 'mum' issue.

Although when talking to other people they do say they have 2 mum's.

The new little one when she arrives will be calling me mum and Colleen mummy, or at least that's how we will refer to ourselves in front of her and hope she follows suit.

We have actually been having the conversation as to what our little one will call us. I think we are thinking about going with Mommy and Mama. Hopefully he can tell the difference.....lol....

Hi Guys

we had this conversation so many times and a friend helped us out, becuase we did not want Lacey to get confussed so Charlotte is Mummy seen as she did all the hard work and i am Minnie.

The reason behind minnie is becuase i was born in cyprus and greek cypriot for mother is from what i remeber !!" Minara"!! or something like that so i became minnie mommie!! or minnie for short.

Friends of mine have a little girl and she calls her birth mum Penny Mummy and her x partner who she still see her mummy when they were together they did try and get her to call penny mummy but that just how she refers to them

Hope this helps, i think they all come up with there own words to begin with until they are old enough to understand more!!

I'm trying to push for "Daddy Jade" but dunno if it will stick. I guess I will just be Mum/Mummy.

We are both Mummy. Now she's getting older, she makes it perfectly clear who she means

Officially, I am mommy and she is mama, but our kids thus far pretty much say "mommy" indiscriminately and then will clarify if the wrong one of us answers. It doesn't help that either one of us will answer to mommy! Hoping to be better about it with the baby!

Mine is an entirely different situation but I thought i'd share it. My auntie and cousins came to live with us after she split fro her husband so there were 5 teenagers, all sounding similar shouting for mum. It got confusing so my mum, who is much shorter than her sister became Minimum, and my Auntie was Maximum. Even though it was 25 years ago, the name still stuck!

My best friend (hopefully more, eventually) and I use Momma L and Momma A. Or momma 1/2. She has a six month old who I see everyday and now with this one on the way we'll probably end up moving back in together to make our lives easier. (Seeing as I'm always there anyways)

Like MommaAlexis my best friends go by Mama B and Mama T

We aren't really sure, but I'm thinking mommy and mom.

I quite like mama or muma..but will prob end up getting mummy just! my best friend/is godmother gets mummy bagpie lol

Baby is still on the way, but I think Gf and I are going to try for "Mommy" for me and "Mama" for her. Or alternately "Mama" for me and "Mama Feli" for her (pronounced 'flea', like the insect - her name is Felisha, Feli is her nickname). When it all comes down to it, it will be the child's decision in the end, really. Honestly, were more worried about picking a name for Baby!

They really do decide for themselves. When Tegan was 18mos she called my wife "mama hayhay" (her name is Hayley) and me "mama". Now she's 3 years 7 months and calls us both mummy and we always both answer. She does have special ways to ask for a specific one of us, she'll say mummy in a certain way and of she wants a specific person we both just always know who she means.

My siblings and I called our dads Padre and Papa. Everyone else had daddy's or dads, but we were special and should have different titles :)

My partner is mom and I am Madre..because of my Hispanic background and easier on the ears ...!

Cant make up our minds. Think we are going to go with what our LO calls us. As long as they dont get confused and call us dad and daddy we will be happy :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->