what do you do at home all day?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
so what do you do while you are at home all day with your baby.
after four very tiring weeks at home im starting to get a bit fed up being in doors but its too hard to take my lo out.
what do you do all day?

I go to my nans alot but that means nothing gets done in the house that day and I end up feeling bad lol

Try and get washing etc done but now Jack only has power naps, my mum understands if i don't get it done. If it's nice I try and go for a walk after his feeds so he has a nice long sleep.

I run around mad when she is sleeping catching up with the cleaning...I go out every day to the shops and for a walk with my dog, and sometimes I have time to meet up with friends! (although very occasionally!) I find though if she is having a really unsettled day, which she often does, putting her in the pram and walking for an hour or so helps me get some peace.

I run around like a mad woman trying to catch up on washing, cleaning, dusting ect. Most days I will take the two boys out to the park or just for a ride on their bikes (well Decs truck) . Sometimes I try to make time to visit friends or family, thats about it.

Ummm.... god that's a difficult question to answer when it's put like that. LOL!

I usually try to get out and about every day in some way. Either for a walk or to playgroup or to see friends. I think you can go bonkers sitting in all day on your own.

It is really hard at first getting out and about but it does get easier.

When they were that age I was still sleeping as much as I could (and eating as much as I could).

Ooh also I think I used to surf on here a bit too much when they were asleep. :laugh2:

When he's awake : I talk to him, constantly! I tell him stories, sing him songs, show him colors (I Know it's early, but he likes it!) show him different animals sounds (which makes him giggle like crazy!), count, tell the alphabet...
He spends some time playing on his mat & on his tummy mat.

When he's asleep: Do the work around the house and spend time on bnb!

we play and talk to each other and watch star trek :lol:

Well my week days goes , this is with a toddler though and baby tho but thought id share anyway :blush:

Monday - Meet a friend at 10 , go out for lunch go around shops grab a starbucks , then home which by that time its Carlys nap time and ellas hungry. Then when play with ella she asleep and carly up play with carly.

Tues- Playgroup, food shop , nap , play craft.

Wednesday- Park day with one of my friends- picnic in park with the water fountains thats half the day then back home when its carlys nap.

Thurs- Pj day where we spend all day in our pjs with a LOADS of blankets everywhere and we watch dvds, colour in , paints bake cakes the lot.

Fri- starbucks day where carly gets a starbucks and she has her pocket money to spend on some new craft things she chooses.

Sat- go to beach , park , walk around the river and feed ducks, go to monkey world or another theme park any one of them.

Sunday- is swimming day where carly goes for her swim with daddy and me and ella go for a walk around in town :)

sorry for the essay just thought it easier saying what i do each day cos its different each time ;)

Well my week days goes , this is with a toddler though and baby tho but thought id share anyway :blush:

Monday - Meet a friend at 10 , go out for lunch go around shops grab a starbucks , then home which by that time its Carlys nap time and ellas hungry. Then when play with ella she asleep and carly up play with carly.

Tues- Playgroup, food shop , nap , play craft.

Wednesday- Park day with one of my friends- picnic in park with the water fountains thats half the day then back home when its carlys nap.

Thurs- Pj day where we spend all day in our pjs with a LOADS of blankets everywhere and we watch dvds, colour in , paints bake cakes the lot.

Fri- starbucks day where carly gets a starbucks and she has her pocket money to spend on some new craft things she chooses.

Sat- go to beach , park , walk around the river and feed ducks, go to monkey world or another theme park any one of them.

Sunday- is swimming day where carly goes for her swim with daddy and me and ella go for a walk around in town :)

sorry for the essay just thought it easier saying what i do each day cos its different each time ;)

ur week sounds fun :happydance:

my week is try and get out the house as much as possible, see laura and ella and louise and the girls, and tif when she is on half a day. i see my parents alot as well

When seth is awake i sing to him and we dance around the house! lol

when he's asleep i try to get housework done

but i do try to get out everyday even i its just to the shops.

xxx

When bubba's asleep, try to get some sleep myself :sleep:or do lots of housework :laundry:

Im so bored with my life right now, its depressing! I feel like I do absolutely nothing and Im in such a monotonous rut!! I went from a very busy work schedule (Ive been working non stop for the last 15 years, even with a full time university schedule) to a complete standstill and Im having a rough time adjusting to this change.

Sometimes I wake up at 6, sometimes I wake up at 10. Depends on what Keira does at night, as Im the only one that tends to her at night (I left my OH sleep since he has to get up at 5AM for work). I play with Keira, sterilize her bottles, feed the cat. Im totally sick of doing housework, it seems like everyday is basically the same thing over and over...

Im so bored with my life right now, its depressing! I feel like I do absolutely nothing and Im in such a monotonous rut!! I went from a very busy work schedule (Ive been working non stop for the last 15 years, even with a full time university schedule) to a complete standstill and Im having a rough time adjusting to this change.

Sometimes I wake up at 6, sometimes I wake up at 10. Depends on what Keira does at night, as Im the only one that tends to her at night (I left my OH sleep since he has to get up at 5AM for work). I play with Keira, sterilize her bottles, feed the cat. Im totally sick of doing housework, it seems like everyday is basically the same thing over and over...

i understand how you feel, i cant do anything really coz when my baby sleeps i have to hold him. if i put him down he will wake up immediately not matter where i put him. its very confining and depressing, i literally sit on the couch from morning til night holding him and feeding.

I dunno whether you might have raised this elsewhere but have you tried a sling? Charlotte in particular was quite clingy as a tiny baby and a sling meant I could at least get myself a sandwich or reach the remote or my book while she snoozed.

I dunno whether you might have raised this elsewhere but have you tried a sling? Charlotte in particular was quite clingy as a tiny baby and a sling meant I could at least get myself a sandwich or reach the remote or my book while she snoozed.

hey, i have raised it elsewhere but ya i have tried the sling, it is good but i want to be able to have my son sleep somewhere that isnt on me during the day. i sleep with him in my bed at night and hold him a lot, so i do use the sling but its not the answer for me

ookayoo your week sounds like so much fun!! Anyway...I spend the majority of my time on the internet lookin for a job lol. When im not doin that i'm helpin my mum with her childminded kids-aswell as playin and lookin after Oliver of course. I rarely gt out the house to be honest. Most i do is take the dog for a walk or take Oliver to the park, sometimes gett he bus into town for shopping. X

awww it is fun but hard work i tell you , fitting in cleaning washing too everyday and try and even out the attention on both girls! gets me run down alot but worth seeing kiddies having fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->