what do you do at home all day?

Catch up on sleep,internet.watch tv+dvd.When my husband comes back home (he is a pilot) He takes us to the malls to go walking as it's too hot outside to walk (being the middle east).

i can relate as i live in the middle east too and its boiling right now

Kay, I want to come out with you.. your week sounds fun!

At the moment, we just make things (usually crayons, painting or craft accessories) - tried making pasta pictures with her last week, all I can say is that it was an experience.. maybe we'll try again in a few months lol. She also helps me cook - simple stuff like putting veg in a pan for me, helping chop things (I hold the knife and we cut together). I put her up on a chair and she helps with lots.

We mainly go for walks to the shops, to the park pretty much every day and walk around the block or go to the bigger park with a huge field, that she loves to run across.

Im also a fan of the PJ day, we do that sometimes. I get all Bethanie's toys/books out on the bed and we get under the covers, read books, sing nursery rhymes, watch NickJR, the Wright Stuff or Jeremy Kyle lol.. then we have a bath together and have lots of cuddles!

I've written a list recently of diff activities we're about to do though, goes something a bit like:
Monday - Home day, washing, cleaning in general (I clean a lot because they are 7 of us in the house.. grr lol), then pop out for a walk/park/crafts etc.
Tuesday - Artybobs
Wednesday - Parent & Toddler group
Thursday - Home day again - park etc as above.
Friday - Parent & Toddler again
Sat/Sun - Varies, depending if Sonny is working or not.

Then we go to a soft play area round the corner and swimming at the leisure centre. Also looking into baby/parent dance classes at the dance centre down the road.

I breastfeed, change dirty nappies/diapers, talk utter nonsense in baby-talk to Kaida, rush about like Road Runner to clean up what I can. I also have a grand job of pacing the floor when she's unsettled..occasionally sit outside if the temp isn't too hot.
OOh and I cook!
Then same again the next day..If I am lucky I get to go to the store.
Groundhog Day. YAY

Im so bored with my life right now, its depressing! I feel like I do absolutely nothing and Im in such a monotonous rut!! I went from a very busy work schedule (Ive been working non stop for the last 15 years, even with a full time university schedule) to a complete standstill and Im having a rough time adjusting to this change.

Sometimes I wake up at 6, sometimes I wake up at 10. Depends on what Keira does at night, as Im the only one that tends to her at night (I BabyandBump - Pregnancy, Trying to conceive, Baby & Parenting Forum
left my OH sleep since he has to get up at 5AM for work). I play with Keira, sterilize her bottles, feed the cat. Im totally sick of doing housework, it seems like everyday is basically the same thing over and over...

I completely understand how you feel sometimes! Are you planning to go back to work eventually? I think that you will find that you miss it if you do go back to work. I went back to school after being home with my son everyday, all day and I was excited at first because I wasn't doing the same thing everyday but it turns out
that I truly missed being home with him everyday. I took it for granted and I really wish that I could be home with him everyday!

Im so bored with my life right now, its depressing! I feel like I do absolutely nothing and Im in such a monotonous rut!! I went from a very busy work schedule (Ive been working non stop for the last 15 years, even with a full time university schedule) to a complete standstill and Im having a rough time adjusting to this change.

Sometimes I wake up at 6, sometimes I wake up at 10. Depends on what Keira does at night, as Im the only one that tends to her at night (I BabyandBump - Pregnancy, Trying to conceive, Baby & Parenting Forum
left my OH sleep since he has to get up at 5AM for work). I play with Keira, sterilize her bottles, feed the cat. Im totally sick of doing housework, it seems like everyday is basically the same thing over and over...

I completely understand how you feel sometimes! Are you planning to go back to work eventually? I think that you will find that you miss it if you do go back to work. I went back to school after being home with my son everyday, all day and I was excited at first because I wasn't doing the same thing everyday but it turns out
that I truly missed being home with him everyday. I took it for granted and I really wish that I could be home with him everyday!

I know I'm going to miss being at home with him. I don't like being a house wife, constantly cleaning, washing etc. I get really bored if I don't get to use my brain or get an adrenalin kick with my sports (I skydive, mountain bike etc). I often go walk down by the beach and I see mom's playing in the sand with their toddlers and it makes me really sad that I won't be able to do that with my little one except for weekends.

It definitely gets easier to get out once they get to 6 weeks plus. I found by then he was in more of a routine so I knew roughly when he would want food etc which made it much easier to get out in between. I also find now that if he is unsettled at home, its easier to take him out as he goes to sleep in the car or his stroller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->