What do you do if your child wakes in the night in Christmas eve?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
It's just occurred to me that Micah often wakes to go to the toilet in the night or for some other reason, probably every two or three nights. If he wakes after Santa has been.. What should I do? I'll never get him back to sleep! What do you do?

Ive pretended Santa hasn't been yet and he wont come if they are awake so they must sleep. It's worked so far but then I knew it would with my two lol

No, I guess that's why it works for us, otherwise they'd be up in the night to check their stockings for sure. We've never done that so they never know what's happening down there until the morning.

This is the first year i've had this problem :')
I have to wake them for loo though so hoping they'll go straight back off

ya i dont have the stocking inside the room either. i thought stockings go over the fireplace or somewhere in the living room

My Lo woke in the night last year, walked straight past his stocking to the bathroom and past it again on the way back and didn't even notice it luckily

My Lo woke in the night last year, walked straight past his stocking to the bathroom and past it again on the way back and didn't even notice it luckily

Connor did this last year! Soooo lucky :haha:

Lucas wakes every night at the moment. I plan on putting his stocking at the foot of his bed so he hopefully won't notice it if he gets up. Though tbh he's been so overexcited the past couple of days he's been crashing and sleeping through til about 6am, so I'm not too worried!

Last time I had Ben for Xmas morning (2 years ago so he was 4) he woke up for a wee, slaw the stocking in his room and that was that, Xmas day started at 3am!!!! This year there's nothing going anywhere near his room, it's all staying in the living room!

I would knock em out with a shot of whiskey :xmas12:

:xmas13:

(.....or in real life the door to the lounge will be closed til the morning, Logan has just said "i wont just go into the lounge, because i dont want to spoil whats in my stocking", in other words I think he is worried if he peeks the presents will disappear. All presents and stocking are in the lounge, I stupidly bought a stocking with bells on and theres no chance I can put it in the kids' rooms without them waking up :dohh:

We leave stocking downstairs. Was going to put them in their room tonight but won't bother because both my kids are up a few times a night atm with them being poorly.
Iv Told ds Santa will deliver the presents and won't come unless everyone in the house is asleep. Even the dog. All the presents will be invisible until Mr sun comes up on his gro Clock.
I'm expecting him to shout us at 6.01 tomorrow morning.

I was going to put DS stocking in his room but after reading this thread ive changed my mind! Lol he virtually never gets up at night but it would be typical wouldnt it

Do not put stockings in rooms!!! My parents learnt the hard way. I woke up at like 4am and went in to my brothers rooms really excited as Santa had been...cue my parents waking up to squealing and laughing at 4am from us opening presents - coming in and yelling at us to go back to bed! We did, not that I slept!!!

Living room will be closed and he will be told if he goes in there all the presents will magically disappear. Amelia is still in a cot so I don't need to worry yet!!

Hmm, I'm tempted to put them downstairs but OH is adamant that it goes in his room and says that creeping in is his favourite part of Christmas!! :dohh:

Ours also has a bell.... :dohh:

Small stocking end of the bed which just has chocs etc in, presents down stairs, any time before 5am and he will be told to go back to bed, he's very good at doing as he's told so I don't see a problem, he's 5 my youngest is 2 so doesn't really understand properly yet, his stocking will be hanging outside his door in case though lol.

Could you set a really quiet alarm and do it at say 4/5am and hope he sleeps a bit longer? My parents used to do this.

My daughter really wants her stocking in her room. She wakes most nights for a drink so I'm thinking of putting it in there at 5am ...dd2 doesn't sleep through sonwhen she wakes I'll pop it in their rooms.

Well my eldest asked how he would know if he was too early and we told him we would tell him and he was happy with that. He would never dream of opening his stocking without us.

My youngest did wake up in the night but walked right passed his stocking to get into bed with me for cuddles. This is where he is still asleep and I'm waiting for Christmas to begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->