What do you do on Boxing Day?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
We are going out for a Christmas meal with my family. It's technically another Christmas dinner :)

I'll probably spend a lot of the day sorting all the presents out too and trying to tidy up! :haha:

We always go to my family on christmas day so we go to MIL's on boxing day and that's when we see all of hubby's family, do presents and a buffet. Then once the kids have gone to bed we drink a lot and play adult pass the parcel!

Boxing day is boring for me. The girls go to their dads late morning and I go to my mums for dinner... but they are a boring bunch and don't actually do anything, so I get fed up and go home. Usually take the tree down too and try to restore some sort of organisation (but that is usually an epic fail!)

We go up to my mum's for dinner, my dad does a nice fry up. This year, OH, FIL, my dad and possibly Alex will be at the football (don't know why they have to play on boxing day!). After lunch my mum will come down to my house so Scarlett can play with her toys. We don't do anything exciting.

Just chill really. Some times the in laws come round and we have some buffet stuff out

We go to my grandparent's house out in the country. It's them, my auntie, uncle, two cousins, my mum and dad, sister, me and my kids, sometimes more if other family are down visiting.

It's essentially second Christmas, I love it! We go out to their house at lunch time and have Christmas dinner, do presents etc then have a picky tea and go home in the evening. :)

Usually we either stay home, shop or go to the football match
This yea because im staying home for christmas my mams gonna do some picky food on boxing day. We agreed its better that way because the buses run on boxing day. I dont drive so in the past ive walked on xmas day but its a 40min walk to my mams house and on christmas day taxis cost a fortune and its always super rushed to get us all ready.

I will probs pop to sales too as my mam lives right near the shopping centre

Last year we went to in-laws, but this year we'll be there Xmas day, so boxing day we can pretty much please ourselves.

There's organised events going on down at the beach, but we might just chill at home/walk the dogs.

I usually go out to the sales first thing and often meet up with my parents for a breakfast in town.

Usually see extended family but this year all a bit up in the air, think we'll just stay at home enjoying ds's new toys, eating Christmas chocolates and watching films. Maybe get a takeaway.

We’re big fat pigs on Boxing Day. Pyjamas all morning playing with toys. Picky lunch with an enormous amount of chocolate and visits to other family members houses late afternoon to get drunk :haha:

Boxing Day is basically Christmas Day take 2 for us so Christmas Eve we travel to DH's parents and then have Christmas Day there and then Boxing Day we travel back early to my parents and have Christmas Day take 2

The full sha-bang Dinner, presents, dressing up the lot! exhausting

Christmas Day is basically DH, MIL, FIL, Me & kids and 3 dogs (DH is an only child)

Boxing Day is DH, ME, 2 x kids, 2 x dogs, Mum, Dad, Sister 1, BIL, 2 x kids, Sister 2, 2 x Kids, Brother, SIL, 2 x kids - so it is MANIC :haha:

Past two years we have just stayed at home. DH is working on boxing day so me and the girls will chill with crappy food. Day after boxing day we'll go to my parents and so christmas day all over again.

We usually go to the in laws sit around drinking , eating and talking while the girls play with their toys ! We will usually watch something on the TV too or have Christmas music on !

Spend it with my extended family, lots of noise, lots to eat and drink, lots of catching up.

Before kids we used to hit the sales. Can’t do that now with three young kids, so we spend the next day relaxing, eating leftovers and the kids playing with all their new stuff. All my family are interstate and hubbys family live overseas so we don’t get to have those huge get togethers, it’s just us.

Boxing day is usually a chilled one here. We stay in our pjs , untill 5 minutes before people come round then me and oh get changed. My mum and brother usually pop round for a bit, ohs mum pops round. We hang out and play with the kids toys, eat what we fancy untill dinner then its usually left overs.
This year we are doing christmas as usual but with our proper big dinner on boxing day and a vegetarian meal on xmas day. I dont eat meat on a monday ( a religious thing, even though im not very religous, that i have done all my life) i said OH and the kids could go ahead as usual but OH insists we will do it boxing day.

My dh has worked a lot of recent boxing days but not last or this year. He likes sport and I like shopping so we go to our nearest town and split up to football match or shops then back home for bubble and squeak and fizzy pops! We see family on Xmas day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->