What do you do when...

stickylizard

Reaction score
... You stomach is really sore from your body trying to throw up an empty stomach, but anything you eat/drink makes you sick? :[

It's a vicious cycle. I was just sick maybe 4-5 times in the same bout of vomiting and my stomach was clenching really hard and pushing up and it just hurt so much because there was nothing in it. I threw up just watery saliva and the tiny spoon of yoghurt I'd had to wash down my anti sickness (ha) pill, then was dry heaving. It's 5.35am and getting light, I've been up for 2 hours and just want some sleep! :[

Can you try foods you'd normally eat after a tummy bug?
Plain toast, rice etc? No dairy, no fat, just plain easy-to-digest food.
And keep your fluids up sip at a time until you feel better.
Can your Dr prescribe a wafer instead of a tablet?

I would try a clear diet - jello, chicken broth, maybe rice and toast. Super simple bland things. Also, see if you can get the dissolvable zofran prescribed to you- it makes a big difference

Thank you ladies. As far as I am aware, the UK NHS do not like to prescribe Zofran in pregnancy (in fact, it's not a well known drug here at all). But the ideas of things to eat are very helpful, thank you. I have been sleeping most of today and feel alright at the moment - but then I felt alright all yesterday til the early hours! Here is hoping with fingers tightly crossed that tonight is nothing like last night! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->