what do you fill your days with?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by DCS, Jun 2, 2011.

1. DCS

DCS Well-Known Member

LO is 3 months old, and is starting to stay and play for longer.
    When OH is at work all me and LO do is sit at home, watch a bit of telly, take a nap, play on the bouncy chair and on the play gym, and have milkies obviously. or we go shopping.
    When OH is home we, do the same as above and walk the dog.
    I want to do something different, let him meet other babies, but there doesnt seem to be much on for babies of his age.
    So my question is what do you and your LOs do with your days?
    Or what did you do when your LO was about this age?

2. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

I take LO swimming, or meet up with a friend of mine, her LO is 11 months but we go to soft play or the farm. Both are free and my LO loves watching the other kids cause mahem and laughs at the goats (no idea why).. Also take a walk along the river. Xx

3. R J 1980

R J 1980 Well-Known Member

I'm not much help, with a three year old and six week old we usually don't make it out the door most days. TV, naps, playing... that's about it. My family visits frequently so that breaks up the day a little.

This summer I'm hoping to spend some days in my sisters pool, and take walks in the morning or at night when it's not too hot.

Can you try to find some mommy groups where the kids can "play" and you can socialize? Getting out of the house is important, even though I rarely do it LOL.

4. anna matronic

anna matronic Mummy to Evan :-)

5. xnewxmummyx

xnewxmummyx Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle

We dont go out much socially because I lack confidence around people I dont know so we mainly get up, have breakfast and bottle lol, have a little nap, wake up again get dressed have brunch lol (well isobelle does) then have a play and if my MIL is home we go round there then just come home, have tea and then bed time has arrived.

If my MIL is working late we just do exactly the same, nap, eat, play, nap, eat, play, bed lol

xxx

6. blondey

blondey Well-Known Member

We go to a lot of things run by the sure start centres.

We have just finished a swimming course run by them which was free and I am thinking of paying to do another course. We also do boogie babies, baby yoga and normal baby group, which usually have themes each week.

I do try and get out as much as possible though as I have noticed Ava-Mae likes her home comforts and gets a bit ratty when we are out so I want to get her used to more people and different environments, plus it gives me a bit of adult conversation, otherwise the only people I would talk to for 95% of the week would be Ava-Mae, hubby or my mum!

xx

7. beccybobeccy

beccybobeccy Well-Known Member

We use our Sure Start centre quite a lot too. Baby PEEP, Baby Massage etc... They ran a postnatal course too so I met Mummy's and Baby's there, the course has finished but we still meet for coffee once a week.

We also do Swimming Lessons with Puddleducks and go to the Library for Baby Bounce and Rhyme. There are lots of things around. Maybe start with your Surestart centre and go from there.

8. xxxKatiexxx

xxxKatiexxx Well-Known Member

We don't do much I'd like to do more. We're starting Watrbabies next week so that will take up 30mins of one day lol. Ive got a few friends with older babies so we occasionally go to the park but obviously atm can't do anything! We take a walk, go shopping, wat, sleep, that's all I can think!

9. beccybobeccy

beccybobeccy Well-Known Member

You might find it takes up more than that. Half an hour before hand and after to get changed and then my group always goes for coffee afterwards. After a few weeks when you get to know each other you could suggest it x

10. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

We sit at home n that's it... Its too hot/sunny to go outside during the day.. When she's a little older I plan on going to the playground a lot and the beach since we live 5min walking distance from it.. She's too young now tho.
    Oh n I plan on walkin up to my husbands work every day or so when it cools down (august/September)

11. hedgewytch13

hedgewytch13 Well-Known Member

I visit family, my little one has a cousin his age but she was premature so is still much more a baby than him so they just sort of stare at each other. I have a Surestart centre nearby that do baby yoga and massage. We go to the library mainly because I work there and he gets lots of attention from the ladies but also because they do story times and songs and while he can't join in yet, he likes listening to the songs. We also just go for a walk around the park, he likes to look up at the trees moving in the breeze. Because we have a 7 year old as well, I have the school run to do to and he likes to sit in his chair watching me bake and work in the kitchen.

12. Carlyp1990

Carlyp1990 Mum to 2 beautiful girls♡

I just go for walks, visit family, take katie to daddy before work, go shoppin, meet up with friends and go to the park or out for dinner xx

13. allyk

allyk Mummy to DD, Preg with #2

I also have 3 month old n we don't really do much, watch tv nap go tesco play in bouncer chair and pretty much wait for oh to cone home!!

I do occasionally go to baby club onmonday used to go baby massage but that's finished, want to take her swim
    Ing but local pool won't allow until she has had all her jabs

14. elephant29

elephant29 Daddy, mummy, LO and bean

When I was on maternity leave I went to baby massage on a Monday, Book club on a tues and swimming on a Friday. After book club I went for lunch with my friend and her LO and they would normally pop over to mince once a week as well.

Def try and get out and about. The days fly in.

xxx

15. chocojen

chocojen Well-Known Member

We go out and about to meet with mummy friends who I met at my aquanatal group and are doing a baby massage class. I am thinking about going to an under ones group that runs on a wednesday. I also see lots of friends who have older babies.
    I spoke to my health visitor and she gave me details for all of these groups. I am also gonna start swimming once George has had his first jabs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

16. CupboardLove

CupboardLove Pregnant - 2nd Trimester

We normally go swimming once or twice a week, try and meet up with other mummy and baby friends once a week, baby massage, sometimes baby cafe, hang out with my sister, just about to start boogie babies, go shopping round town, pop to the library. At home we'll play together or lily will play whilst i do some knitting or sit on the net.

17. Mrs Doddy

Mrs Doddy 1 pink 1 blue

Monday:- housework, change the towels, bed linen
    Tuesday :- baby sensory
    Wednesday :- music class
    Thursday:- see friends, walk, shopping
    Friday:- see friends
    Sat/sun whatever comes up, park, swimming

18. BethK

BethK Well-Known Member

Ask your HV and library for info on baby groups.

We go to baby groups
    Walk around town
    Go to garden centre - she likes the fish
    Go swimming
    Visit parents and inlaws
    Walk to farm shop or around the park

19. CrazyBird

CrazyBird Well-Known Member

Apart from trying to keep the house clean and keeping LO entertained when not feeding etc, I try to get out with my LO most days, We will go and see my nan and have lunch, or see my sister or go into town and i see my mum most days as she loves her first grandchild so much and misses him when she doesnt see him lol. Mum, Me and George will go out for lunch etc.

I would like to be able to meet up with other mummies but havent met any yet. I have signed up for the baby massage course and would like to take George swimming.
    I'm looking forward to when my friend has her baby then i can meet up with her too.

20. DCS

DCS Well-Known Member

thanks ladies glad to hear im not the only mum that stays in.
    me and OH asked hv to put our name on the waiting list for the baby massage .... that was when LO was born. so either its a really really popular class or my HV forgot ( im guessing she forgot as she was meant to contact me with some info which she never did). they do lots of sessions where me and OH work but are all for older children. Might take a walk down to the library and see what they do. would be lovely to get out more especially with the nice weather.