what do you miss most?

Being able to fit in my clothes!!
i have hardly any clothes as it is now im in the same clothes all the time already :(

Being able to fit in my clothes!!
i have hardly any clothes as it is now im in the same clothes all the time already :(

Oh god tell me about it! I was a size 6/8 now at 12 weeks nothing fits bar trakkies and super stretchy leggings! X

We ate sushi after the doc told me it was a myth (google it) and preg women can def eat it. Just need to watch the tuna (high mercury content fish). Yum!
Reallllllyyy???!!! I am really craving salmon nigiri and sashimi, but was told unless the salmon is frozen before prep you can't have it....and none of the sushi places do that over here......trust me Ive asked them all!

Sushi IS flash frozen over here, that's the ONLY way it's served. Where do you live that they don't flash freeze it? It'd have to get from ocean to table the same day to avoid flash freezing standards, and that just seems pretty impossible. It's a little like how they used to say you should never eat pork medium rare. Well pork used to have worms because of the feed they gave pigs to eat. Now pigs eat dog food and the worm issue has been eliminated (but the fear still exists).

If you were to get salmonella from food, you'd be MUCH more likely to get it from MacD's or Burger King than from a sushi place that's busy, has a good reputation and high turnover. You won't catch me at MacD's unless I'm starving and pretty desperate!

You have no idea how excited I am at the moment!!!

Will have to email Yo Sushi now! Maybe I misread a past question they were asked. I could be a very happy lady in a bit!

reply from YO! Sushi

Hi Gemma,

Thank you for your email.

We do freeze all our fish apart from our Scottish salmon.

This is because the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has investigated Scottish farmed salmon to find out if they could contain the parasite nematode - which is the reason that all fish to be served raw or nearly raw must be frozen for a minimum of 24 hours. They have found that Scottish farmed salmon is at very low risk of this due to the water quality, high farming standards, control of the feed with the best salmon husbandry practises. The FSA have now applied for a delegation in that European law to allow Scottish farmed salmon to not need to be frozen before serving raw. Due to our joint research with the FSA we are allowed to not freeze the salmon as the freezing process damages the taste and quality as Scottish farmed salmon is seen as 'safe' to eat raw.

Having said all of that - please follow your doctor's advice on what you should or shouldn't eat whilst pregnant.

Why put that in at the end!!!!!!

I miss truly wanting to eat something. I'm eating sweet things again but I still don't fancy anything. Everything still sounds kind of 'meh'.

Will have to email Yo Sushi now! Maybe I misread a past question they were asked. I could be a very happy lady in a bit!

It looks like the worm thing is the same as the pork issue. It's resolved by the freezing process (that should be a standard in any reputable sushi place):
https://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/is-it-safe-to-eat-sushi-during-pregnancy.aspx?categoryid=54&subcategoryid=216:happydance:

I don't miss anything.
I got given alcohol for Christmas and I just don't fancy any. I'm not against having a tiny amount every so often.
I thought I'd miss caffeine but coffee tastes wrong so I don't even want any.
I also eat soft eggs, not 1 egg out of 150000 tested eggs in the UK that was lion stamped had salmonella, there are much higher risks such as reheating rice and pasta.
I normally love Blue cheese , if I fancy any then I'll grill it
Or cook with it.
I don't eat much pate except Christmas time so that's fine.
I still eat hams, all seafood ... I don't ever eat swordfish etc.
I still pick up and carry my son, I'm used to doing it so it's fine.
Can't honestly think of anything yet.
Xx

I had a little wine now and then with my first two pregnancies and have wonderful, healthy, clever children, but like you, I don't care for it with this one. The mere thought of it makes me want to retch. This isn't a bad thing, of course! :)

So I guess I don't miss anything! I still drink coffee (though less) and eat whatever I feel like. I'm a clean eater anyway, so most of the stuff I'm not supposed to have I don't eat, period.

I still hit up the gym and workout almost everyday. In fact, I went into labour with BOTH my other kids at the gym. Nothing dramatic or Hollywood about it, just started the contractions.

I still lift my 3 1/2 year old and my 2 year old with zero issues. :thumbup:

Salami is allowed in pregnancy in uk, thankfully as I had a full pack yesterday. I miss my evinings with my hubby and a few glasses of wine. Come 9 im in bed or half concious on the sofa. Alcohol doesnt appeal at the momment, im not against the odd glasss in pregnancy.

Ooh I miss scalding baths too

Salami is allowed??????? But I thought it was cured. If I can have a salami sandwich I will be overjoyed!!

x

It looks like the worm thing is the same as the pork issue. It's resolved by the freezing process (that should be a standard in any reputable sushi place):
https://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/is-it-safe-to-eat-sushi-during-pregnancy.aspx?categoryid=54&subcategoryid=216:happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs:

Salami is allowed in pregnancy in uk, thankfully as I had a full pack yesterday. I miss my evinings with my hubby and a few glasses of wine. Come 9 im in bed or half concious on the sofa. Alcohol doesnt appeal at the momment, im not against the odd glasss in pregnancy.

Ooh I miss scalding baths too

Salami is allowed??????? But I thought it was cured. If I can have a salami sandwich I will be overjoyed!!

x

Yep acvording to nhs site its not reccomended in some countries but uk say its fine.

I miss my turkey sandwiches. :cry:
I know I can heat it up and then eat it but frankly when i'm hungry and nauseous the more time I spend making food= the longer I feel terrible.

I still eat the same as before. I limit myself to 2 cups of tea or coffee a day.
Don´t fancy alcohol at all.
Still pick up my daughter and let her climb all over me.

I miss being able to use my cloth nappies but having to rinse out the pooey ones, my stomach just can´t handle it. :sick:
I miss feeling "normal" without nausia, gagging, gas pains and bloating.
I miss the sex, just want to sleep.

I miss my turkey sandwiches. :cry:
I know I can heat it up and then eat it but frankly when i'm hungry and nauseous the more time I spend making food= the longer I feel terrible.

Why on earth can't you have a cold turkey sandwich? Provided it was cooked thoroughly, cooled and refrigerated quickly.
Re heating cooked Turkey you have the risk of it not being the right temperature all the way through and increasing risk of bacteria being multiplied and not killing anything off.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->