What do you spend more on?...

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
... Christmas or Birthdays? and why?

I spend more on Birthdays, as personally I see them as a more special day as its all about you rather than having a religious background to a day that is shared by many millions (sure your birthday could be shared by others but its not like you care :haha: )

Tends to be more on birthday as I only have one child at a time to buy for :haha:

Well that theory would work if four of my five babies birthdays weren't within one month and one of each other plus mine

I always spend a little more on birthdays just because it's their day really, Christmas I hope they'll understand when they're older they can't have as much spent on them as Christmas is about giving presents to everyone else too!

Christmas by far, DH and I spend the same on each other for both and we spend more on family for their birthdays but for DS we will spend more at Xmas. It was the same for me growing up, my birthday present would be £50-£100 and would usually be one main thing rather than lots but my parents would spend a few hundred if not more each for Christmas, they just loved the whole Santa thing with stockings and lots of presents under the tree. I liked birthdays growing up but my parents would spend more on the activity usually (I'm not including the cost of birthday activities) than the present, whereas Christmas we had lots of presents. We will do the same, Xmas is my fave time of year :)

It's close but probably more on Birthdays.

I think this is because I freak slightly by the total amount of money going out at Christmas and start being a little cautious about what I spend. Where as Birthdays we are only buying for one person so I sometimes go a little mental without thinking about it.

I spend more at christmas than on birthdays. Not sure why, just following in family tradition I suppose. Christmas just always seems more exciting and indulgent.

Christmas. As a non-religious person who never had much of a christmas as a child, it's become a whole winter season festival for me. I make decorations for the house, buy christmassy candles, buy ingredients to make meals/choc log etc. Then I buy LOADS of little presents for everyone so I can spend months wrapping and planning :haha:

I guess it's winterfest for me, but I get the impression it's about all the good things I enjoy to most other people too!

When we have kids I guess it'll be their birthday more than christmas in terms of present cost.

We spend more on xmas-no idea why! xxx

I spend more on birthdays coz it's just one child to buy for at a time. There's a lot if family and friends to buy for at Christmas so I have to share the money around.

Christmas, it's a really big deal in my family x

We're going to do birthdays with just a small acknowledgement for Christmas for her first few years since we're not religious, and I'd rather celebrate the day she blessed us with her arrival! :)

About the same but it may change as she gets older.

Christmas, just like to spend more and I keep finding new stuff to buy him and get carried away! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->