What do you tell kids about prezzies not from Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Pierre is still too young to understand but I was wondering what you tell kids about the presents you buy for other people and take to their house or the ones other people give them?

That santa Left them at your/there house! thats what my mum used to say "Santa left you some presants and grandmas house too"...easy or that santa is busy and needs some help to deliver all the presants, im going to use the first one!

I'm gna do what my parents did with me, had santa presents at home under the tree with a few from mum and dad and tell bub that the other pressies are from relatives cos its a special family time too and family like to give each other presents. xx

When we were growing up we always just understood that santa brought the ones from santa, but we gave people gifts as well because its Christmas and you give people gifts to make them happy.

We grew up in church too so we also learnt all about the sheppards giving gifts...they tried that for a few years but we kind of ignored it and then they just went with the "make people happy" theory hah.

My SIL tell's my nephew that Santa brings you one special gift and says that she, my brother, family or who ever they're off buy the rest. They like him to appriciate that people think of him and they like him to appriciate how hard they / others work so that they can buy him gifts.

My mum used to tell me (normally when I caught her wrapping) that santa was far to busy to buy and wrap that she helped and then sent them to santa before xmas for him to deliver.

my mum always did it that santa brought the christmas stocking, full of sweets and little presents, and all the other presents are from whoever actually bought them, and thats what im going to do with brendan and my other baby when he is here lol

My siblings tell there kids that santa had been to grandparents house etc,

But if it was from a auntie or uncle then it would just be look what ?? ??
got you ..

I was broken hearted when i was told there was no santa girl up the road told me :rofl:

In my opinion we all work hard to provide for the family so the credit shouldn't go to an imaginary person ;).. I will be raising Angelynn to know that the presents are all from mom/dad and other family members except for one special present that they will get from "santa". And santa might leave one at grandparents house..

I was always told that mummy and daddy sends the money to father christmas for the pressies from them. The other were just gifts from those people. I was more interested in how father christmas got in our flat as we didnt have a chimney! xXx

yeah my parents used to say "santa was way to busy so he droped them off hear early and asked if i could rap them" or "the elves have a lot on there hands right now so they droped off some presents early here" or like "Santa droped some off at grandmas by mistake and asked me to pick em up" lol stuff like that... it always worked for me to believen :D

My mum used to tell me (normally when I caught her wrapping) that santa was far to busy to buy and wrap that she helped and then sent them to santa before xmas for him to deliver.
My mum told us the same.

I think I will go with my mums story, I don't want Santa being too much of an issue. Of course I want it magical, but I also want her to know the other people buy gifts. :)

i always had a few presents from santa and then was told that we all give presents to our loved ones as well, and recieve them of course :) we'll be doing the same thing with maddi :) x x x

Was never an issue with us as kids. There were gifts from Santa and there were gifts from family members. Never questioned it really....that's just how it was :shrug: Will do the same with Hannah :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"