What do you think about baby leashes?

yes, I get the point now, lol.

blah i think its a lost case here, even other people in this thread have said pre-children would hate them but now are a godsend.

To me tbh and no offence ment to anyone but if your going to call this lazy parenting i would say that stairgates ect are just as "lazy" in that case since some parents manage perfectly fine without them.

Pushchairs too. We should start referring to them as cages probably. Cots too. Babies and toddlers don't need to be safe :) They're just like adults after all.

:dohh:

blah i think its a lost case here, even other people in this thread have said pre-children would hate them but now are a godsend.

To me tbh and no offence ment to anyone but if your going to call this lazy parenting i would say that stairgates ect are just as "lazy" in that case since some parents manage perfectly fine without them.

Pushchairs too. We should start referring to them as cages probably. Cots too. Babies and toddlers don't need to be safe :) They're just like adults after all.

lol

of course anything that is used just to keep your child safe is pure lazy on our part as parents :dohh: lol

At one years of age, my son would hold my hand often but as he grew towards a toddler (say 18mths) we had our worst ever stage with him. We later had him diagnosed with autism, therefore he finds it hard to understand things (like why a car would hurt him, why he cant run off) ETC.

Anyway point being, I had NO idea my son had autism at age 1, I could have said reins were awful etc and lazy parents blah blah blah but actually for special needs children and toddlers in general they are a lifesaver (literally). Maybe peoples opinons will change when they are thrown in at the deep end. Never think you are safe from a rebellious toddler! ;)

they are a god send!

id rather my son wore one of these then being able to let go of my hand and running into a road or getting lost.

they may look horrible but until uve got a toddler having a melt down trying to get away from you then i dont think ud understand how great they are hahaha

zane will be on a buggy board when coreys here so ive got him a wrist rein that will be attached to the pram.

i havent read the whole thread, but im not a lazy parent and my son does what he is told 99% of the time he will hold my hand. but for the times he wont he has to wear the reins

no he isn't walking yet ( a few step here and there but not really walking) but I can safely say that I wont use them. I'm not saying you should leave them in a buggy all the time but, if they aren't old enough to understand then why would you take them walking by a busy road? And Luke is able to undertand simple instructions like no, stop or give that to mummy and he will do as he is told. If he has something he is not alowed and I say no he will stop and give it to me.

Shame on me? lol. I'm not trying to offend but I thought this was a DEBATE part of the forum? Sorry if I'm mistaken, IMO it is lazy. It is your JOB as a parent to teach your child but by putting them on a leash then you aren't teaching them. Not really.

If my child was 10 months old, like someone said and walking, no WAY would I have them walking on roads! They could walk in the park or down a lane in the forest ect but not on the roads. Personaly. If I couldn't TRUST my child to stay close to me when walking then I wouldn't have done my job right.

But i am able to take him near busy roads becase he has his reins on, so he is fine. We often walk to our friends house and the joruney takes us along a road.

Of course i don't trust him yet! He doesn't understand the prinicple of consquences and danger, he'll learn in time, but until that time i'll give him the freedom to walk where he wants.It almost sounds to me as if you are implying that a child who needs reins is a disobedient child, whereas your child is so well behaved he will do exactly as you say.Like you say, he isn't walking/running yet so is not able to chase after a cat etc that he sees, and i imagine he isn't having toddler tantrums yet. You've got all that to come.

my son is almost 3 so doesnt understand road safety but he loves walking, am i expected to strap him in a buggy until he learns?

Amelie is just understanding a bit of road safety now. She walks on the pavement and at a road, stops and waits for me to take her hand. She knows to look for cars too but thats about it. She doesn't listen for cars or anything and obviously wouldnt be able to detect a car coming from a corner or something.

im teaching zane about the green man lol and if we cross at a zebra crossing and theres a car there he shouts no car and runs hahaha
even the best behaved children have trantrums and want to run off and try there luck. i think people who think this wont happen to them and there child wont scream because ur holding their hand is living in a dream world

kyle understands we hold mummys hand at a road and stop, and i can get him to look one way, not yet mastered both without a hissy fit. But if i was to never let him walk near a road he would always been stuck in his pushchair bless him

im teaching zane about the green man lol and if we cross at a zebra crossing and theres a car there he shouts no car and runs hahaha
even the best behaved children have trantrums and want to run off and try there luck. i think people who think this wont happen to them and there child wont scream because ur holding their hand is living in a dream world

:thumbup:

the thing that gets me is i dont judge people for not liking reins or for not using them, but to have someone who has no idea what its like to have a toddler to judge me for using reins saying im a lazy parent...now thats crossing a line.

unless u live in all our houses and see how we raise our children and are there when they have these trantrums and try to run off or just want to explore u cant call us lazy!

im 6 months pregnant and often chase my son around mothercare because he gets excited and wants to look at all the toys. im not lazy because i am trying to teach my son road safety.
but there is only so much a young child can understand.

i will not push my son around in a pram while out when he will scream and ile be called a bad mother for that too! he wants to walk and i want him safe

the thing that gets me is i dont judge people for not liking reins or for not using them, but to have someone who has no idea what its like to have a toddler to judge me for using reins saying im a lazy parent...now thats crossing a line.

unless u live in all our houses and see how we raise our children and are there when they have these trantrums and try to run off or just want to explore u cant call us lazy!

im 6 months pregnant and often chase my son around mothercare because he gets excited and wants to look at all the toys. im not lazy because i am trying to teach my son road safety.
but there is only so much a young child can understand.

i will not push my son around in a pram while out when he will scream and ile be called a bad mother for that too! he wants to walk and i want him safe

Totally agree. Wait and see what life throws at your first hey ;) :thumbup:

but it could equaly not change.

I won't allow it to change. He is at an impressionable age, he may want to exercise independance, but they don't exercise resiliance/ a blatant disregard of their parents till much much older. In 2 months time, he's not going to be old enough to know how to rebel.

Ohhhhh he will be!!

but it could equaly not change.

I won't allow it to change. He is at an impressionable age, he may want to exercise independance, but they don't exercise resiliance/ a blatant disregard of their parents till much much older. In 2 months time, he's not going to be old enough to know how to rebel.

Ohhhhh he will be!!

oh yes lol some how a child doesnt need to be shown how to have a bitch fit, it just comes naturaly hahaha

and lukes mummy you cant not allow ur child to grow up and become his own person. trantrums and disobedience is a natural stage of a toddlers life

But why wouldn't you be able to catch up with him? I don't think that you can effectively teach a child road safety on a leash when it doesn't matter if he stops because he's on a leash? That 'safety net' is IMO not just being safe but being lazy.

Firstly, they are safety reins not a leash. A leash is something that goes around a dog's neck and last time I looked Emma's doggy backpack was nowhere near her neck. Using words like leash in the way you have is simply an attempt to be inflammatory.

Secondly, how dare you accuse me of lazy parenting. Using IMO does not give you an opt out to be rude. Emma uses reins because she is super fast and has no concept of danger. When we get to the road we stop and look left and right and use the green cross code. Of course you can effective teach road safety when using reins. Stop, look and listen work perfectly well when using reins. What does happen though is that I do not have the worry that she will suddenly dash out into the road as a lorry goes by when we are standing waiting to cross.

Oh, and with regards to not being able to 'catch up with them'. Your job as a parent is to keep them close and not allow them to run off!

:haha: Wonder if you will be so quick to say that when you have a 20 month old toddler? :dohh:Of course people don't simply let them 'run off'. Toddlers have tiny hands which they can quite easily and quickly slip out of your hand.

I'd like to see what you would do with multiples Lukes Mummy... I'm not lazy I am careful.
I cannot stand cocky parents who think that because its THEIR child they KNOW exactly what is going to happen.. You cant even begin to imagine what having a 2 year old is like, all children are different and all children go through a phase.. Are you special? Do you have powers that allow you to see into the future? Hmmm. Please..

It really annoys me when you get someone who insists on acting like they know what its like when their own LO isnt even one yet. My goodness.. Lets swap, I will show you what its really like to have a 18/2 year old, actually I have two of them.

When you have been there and done it come back here and honestly tell us whether it went exactly how you have imagined it in that dream land you live in!!!

I would rather my child/children be on reins than run over because I thought I could catch them.. Unfortunately thats another thing you said which obviously came from your land of dreams!

I am offended by some posts on here because I am not a lazy mother... I am a careful mother, BIG BIG difference!

So our children rebel and thats us being bad parents because we didnt force them to be good 24 hours a day.. :haha:

Lazy? Meh maybe I am (as I use reins) however I don't believe that the best parent is the one that goes out of their way to make life more difficult for themselves.
Dylan is 15 months and has no concept whatsoever of road safety, not because I'm too lazy to teach him, because he's too young to understand :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->