• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you think? Honestly!

pippi_89

3 babies + 1 angel
Reaction score
Basically this is our situation:

OHs family are BIG drinkers, and I mean start drinking 3pm every day hammered by bedtime! My family are really not, and some are very against alcohol especially in front of children (I have to say I agree on this point).

We really don't want our families to get off on the wrong foot so we had the idea of a tea party/vintage afternoon tea wedding. Obviously we would still have a reception drink and a toast, just tea and coffee with a buffet style meal instead of wine. We would be having an evening do as well which the older members of my family would not be attending so drinking wouldn't be a problem at all then. (I guarantee we will be :haha:)

We both really like this idea and it does seem to solve the alcohol issue. I suppose what I am asking is, do you think people might find this a bit unconventional/boring?

Honest opinions please! I won't be offended I just can't think of another way round it :wacko:

Omg I Love this idea. I think it's really nice ( for some reason I'm imagining a classy Alice in wonderland type tea party:haha:) idea, makes it more about your marriage than a Pissup :thumbup: but still having a fun element in the evening.

Thanks! That's what I feel really. I did mention going all out on the 'Alice' theme, you know little 'drink me' bottles and stuff but OH didn't have a clue what I was going on about! He's never read a book in his life :dohh: He just said 'As long as I get to eat scones and jam at my wedding I'm happy!' :haha:

Lol you should sitting him down to watch the film either that or the Disney! Because cupcakes with eat me tags and wonky teapots, assorted teacups etc would be so delicious I LOVE it! He can still get his scone ( just with an eat me tag on it:haha:) sorry just got a bit carried away on your behave:blush:

Sounds good. I'm going to tell the bar staff not to sell any one shots before 8 because our brothers and cousins are young and can be silly with their drink.

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea! I love vintage weddings and hope you have a great day.

fab idea, I love it!! completely different and unique, defo one to remember!! xxx

I think it sounds adorable and amazing! You just summed up what was my fantasy wedding for most of my teen years! :haha: The alcohol won't be an issue, people go to a wedding for the couple, not for the booze. Plus it sounds so lovely, people can hardly complain!

Sounds good. I'm going to tell the bar staff not to sell any one shots before 8 because our brothers and cousins are young and can be silly with their drink.

I'm just going to ask if they can keep the bar closed altogether until later on. I guarantee one of them will try to sneak a whiskey in! :dohh:

Thanks everyone, you've all been really positive. I needed that! :haha:

I think it sounds adorable and amazing! You just summed up what was my fantasy wedding for most of my teen years! :haha: The alcohol won't be an issue, people go to a wedding for the couple, not for the booze. Plus it sounds so lovely, people can hardly complain!

Actually when we announced our engagement more than one member of his family responded with 'Wahey! Piss up!' :wacko:

Actually when we announced our engagement more than one member of his family responded with 'Wahey! Piss up!' :wacko:

Yeah but when you're actually there it's the people that matter. Like it was my sister's wedding last Thursday and I planned everything to a t for her (was at my parents' house, she asked, wasn't being a bridesmaidzilla, honest!) and stressed about food and drink and seating etc etc and in the end it was just lovely because it was celebrating them as a couple, you know?

I love it. I wish I had thought about something similar before my wedding had spiralled out of control x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->