What do you think of the name Dominic?

Perseids

Reaction score
I've found a few girl names that I am fond of but I found out yesterday that I won't be using them this time around. :winkwink:

My SO is really fond of the name Dominic. He has mentioned this since the beginning of my pregnancy. I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Part of me likes it and the way the syllables sound, but I'm not quite sure if I love it enough to use it as a name for my child.

What do you all think of it? Or, do you know of any similar names?

I actually really like it.

My DH has a family tradition of boys names starting with a D. Dominic would be on my list if it wasn't already the name of a close friend of ours. Its a name that will suit a whole lifetime. Classic but not too common.

Good luck choosing!

He could also go by the nicknames Dom or Nic as well which I think are both nice.

Thank you ladies! :thumbup:

I think I'm so caught up in finding the "perfect" name that I might be psyching myself out because I do actually like the name. I'm definitely considering this name though -- all of your opinions/shares have helped. :)

Our friend Dominic is a super successful guy, so the name definitely has a positive perspective for me. He goes by Dom for short.

I have the name Dominick on my boy's list. I think I prefer this spelling, although Dominic seems more common. I was thinking maybe using a middle name that starts with "J" that way I could possibly use "DJ" as a nickname, which I think is cute. My hesitation with this name is that I HATE the nickname "Dom." And I would worry that is what he would inevitably be called. I would prefer Nicky but not sure that would stick, if you know what I mean.

I say go for it! It is a very strong, masculine name. A lovely Italian name!! It's the name of a saint. And it means "Belonging to God." All nice associations!! :thumbup:

Some additional suggestions: Angelo, Donovan, Nicholas, Nicholai, Gabriel, DeAngelo, Dante, Gianni

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->