What do you think of the name...

Lois

Me, OH, Evie & Joseph
Reaction score
Spencer, for a boy? Please be brutally honest. My OH really likes it but I'm wavering...not sure whether I like it or not. (Surname is Barnes by the way)

Thanks. Lx

I like it i think it's unique these days, i like names not many other people have. Congratulations, u lucky thing must feel amazing? XXX

spencer barnes...I think it sounds good together. do you have a second name or just spencer? very cute i like it.

I like Spencer - still undecided about how it sounds with your surname though.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. We haven't really thought about a middle name to go with it yet (although Daire has come up a few times...it's an Irish name that we hadn't heard before...not sure it goes in this instance tho...I'm so indecisive!) but I think if we get that bit right I could really like it.

Daisyduke...thanks for your comment. It really is amazing and pretty surreal after several months feeling like it was never going to happen! I have my fingers crossed for you. :dust:

Lx

I adore the name Spencer. Absolutely adore it. It was on my list for boys.

How do you say Daire? I've been saying it in my head a couple different ways and I think it sounds pretty cool as the middle name. Makes me like the last name a lot more too.

Sorry but I don't like it. Think it's probably because I was at school with someone called Spencer and he wasn't all that nice (think knowing people with the name before prejudices me against names but not against people I meet with the same name!!!).

Don't think I can be objective as it just makes me think of him and M&S so ignore me! I think it goes nicely with Barnes though and Daire sounds like a really lovely name xxx

I think it's cute. I like Spencer James Barnes. :) Love your Irish girls' name too!

Hmm .. I guess it's okay, it goes well with the last name!

I like the name spencer.....only thing that i dont like is because if you've ever watched 'the hills' on MTV the guy spencer on that is a prick so everytime someone mentions it i think of him lol.....I hate it when you link a name to a person :blush: XXX

You guys are right about name associations...horrible people can really put you off their names!

Ema- completely forgot the arse from The Hills was called Spencer!!

I keep thinking of that bloke who was on Big Brother UK a few years ago...not sure I want to be reminded of BB too often! Spencer is definitely growing on me overall tho.

Daire - I was under the impression this is a male name?? Is it a girl's name? Could certainly be lovely as a girl's name. In my head you pronounce it like the word dare but I suppose it could be pronounced dayer. Hmm...any Irish ladies who can clarify?

Lx

Its a nice name, but you and the OH should agree, if your not sure, you should leave it as an open subject and keep suggesting other names.
If you decide you like another name more, you could have Spencer as a middle name. (just a suggestion).

i like spencer....
it reminds me though of alfies brother in eastenders :)

Its pronounced DY-reh :) Lovely name. I know someone with a little boy names spencer and he is adorable so I like it.

Thanks for clearing that up Carries!

Lx

Its pronounced DY-reh :) Lovely name. I know someone with a little boy names spencer and he is adorable so I like it.

Ok not one of the ways I was trying to say it! I think it's cooler sounding that way then the ways I was trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->