What do you think?

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
DH and I dont have any LO's yet but we have come up with a baby girl name...what do you think?

Dislike, sorry.

It looks like it's trying to be joie as in the French but just spelt wrong.

Joy is fine.

Thanks!
I think we just want Joy to be more modern of a spelling so I thought of Joi.

I personally like Joi its a modern twist on a classic and prefer it too Joy. x

I personally like Joi its a modern twist on a classic and prefer it too Joy. x

Thank you! I love the name but by spelling it Joy it just dates the name for me. I think the spelling of Joi brings a freshness to the name.

DH and I have been TTC#1 for almost 2 years so we are unexplained at this point and moving on to IUI after 4 failed clomid cycles. So we decided on Joi as she would truly be a Joi to our lives when/if we have a daughter and Journey because lets face it this is quite the journey for us to become parents so Joi Journey just has so much meaning I love it!

I have to say (meaning no offence) that it does look like you've just mispelled Joy. And for her whole life people will probably spell it 'Joy' anyway, you/she will have to correct them and it will probably get quite annoying.

Farrah Odessa means joyful journey (Farrah - joy/happiness) (Odessa - epic journey)

Maybe you could go down that route?

I like joy or joi, but not the middle with it.

I have to say (meaning no offence) that it does look like you've just mispelled Joy. And for her whole life people will probably spell it 'Joy' anyway, you/she will have to correct them and it will probably get quite annoying.

Farrah Odessa means joyful journey (Farrah - joy/happiness) (Odessa - epic journey)

Farrah is a no for us....not our style nor is Odessa I really appreciate the alternate suggestion though! We love the name Joy....I'm just trying to make it more.....modern-ish

I think if you go for an unusual middle name, the first name needs to be less unusual. Of course, that's just my opinion. Joy is a lovely name and has great connotations but Joi is confusing band I think that detracts from the original meaning of the name.

I don't want to be negative but Joi Journey makes me think of 'fun roadtrip' . I know you said you weren't keen, but I think Joy Odessa sounds lovely.

I like that suggestion Farrah is a lovely name

also the meaning of this seems perfect for you:

Beatrice & Beatrix = traveler/journey of joy

and these all mean joy:

Alyssa
Abigail
Ayomide
Joyce
Kirsty
Latisha
Merryn
Rene
Teya
Tia
Tiana

Maybe you could use Bliss as a more "modern" word name with a similar meaning. Joi looks like a typo and still has the same "dated" sound as Joy. Journey Bliss, maybe? A little hippie-ish, but I don't mind hippie names too much.

I like the other suggestions too, Joi is still Joy at the end of the day, I don't like the spelling, I think people will always spell it wrong or ask how to say it etc.

Up to you of course but I do agree with the poster who said it sounds like a fun road trip! I love the fact that someone has suggested other names that still mean Joy...

DH and I dont have any LO's yet but we have come up with a baby girl name...what do you think?

Its not the names that I chose Dislike for it was the combo. Both names are wonderful but maybe with a different combo?

Do you all like more traditional names or unique?

I was thinking we could always stick another name in between Joy and Journey to break it up as well.

Joy Elizabeth Journey H.
Joy Mariah Journey H.
Joy Tamara Journey H.
Joy Caidence Journey H.

I don't like either names I'm sorry... But if you like them then go with those names because its yours and your OH's choice :) who cares what other people think?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->