What do you think?

I actually really prefer the french spelling Joie....

You do know that Joie is pronounced Zhwah, not Joy, right?

Joie in french is pronounced shwah actually...however I'd spell it Joie for the spelling alone, not for the french pronouncation....if you know what I mean

Like Angelina Jolie we all pronounce it Jolie not Zholee as it is pronounced in french....:flower:

Joie in french is pronounced shwah actually...however I'd spell it Joie for the spelling alone, not for the french pronouncation....if you know what I mean

Like Angelina Jolie we all pronounce it Jolie not Zholee as it is pronounced in french....:flower:

The fact is we can't really accurately portray it phonetically with standard letters, but I can tell you it's nothing like "sh" at the beginning. Je is not shuh and jambon is not shambon!

Z actually does a slightly better job of signifying the sound. Weird that you recognise this with jolie but not joie! The sound is the same!

(French speaker)

If you're stuck on the name Joy, then it really doesn't matter how you spell it. I immediately knew how to pronounce it when I saw it. I love the meaning of Joy. My neighbor's daughter's name is Bliss, which just makes you smile when you hear it. Joi is an adorable name but I don't care for Journey.

The fact is we can't really accurately portray it phonetically with standard letters, but I can tell you it's nothing like "sh" at the beginning. Je is not shuh and jambon is not shambon!

Z actually does a slightly better job of signifying the sound. Weird that you recognise this with jolie but not joie! The sound is the same!

(French speaker)

ok :thumbup:

If you're stuck on the name Joy, then it really doesn't matter how you spell it. I immediately knew how to pronounce it when I saw it. I love the meaning of Joy. My neighbor's daughter's name is Bliss, which just makes you smile when you hear it. Joi is an adorable name but I don't care for Journey.

Thanks! I didnt think Joi would be so hard for some to know that its Joy...lol! But thank you I love the name too its just bright is makes you smile, Bliss is adorable too! Journey I love but leaning more as only using it for a middle name.

I like Joy, but I don't like the spelling.
And Joy Journey I like better. I think with having a unique modern middle name like that a traditional (but not overdone) first name like Joy is nice. I don't even mind the alliteration

I like Joy, but I don't like the spelling.
And Joy Journey I like better. I think with having a unique modern middle name like that a traditional (but not overdone) first name like Joy is nice. I don't even mind the alliteration

Thanks! I totally agree! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"