What do you think?

angel4eva

Reaction score
We have two ideas for names at the moment and not sure which to go with. What do you think?

Alysia or Amelia?

Amelia. Alysia is kind of hard to say, IMO. Just doesn't roll off the tongue easily for me.

Would you always call the child by it's full first name, or a shorter nickname?

Would you always call the child by it's full first name, or a shorter nickname?

I like to have a little nickname as a shorter name but still call them by the full name too.

I thought Alysia you could shorten to Lissie and not really sure how you would shorten Amelia.

I vote Amelia, that's my DD's name :) A friend of mine has a niece named Amelia and she goes by Mia.

I prefer Alysia over Amelia, but I would probably spell it with a double 's' (Alyssia). I think the similar name Alyssa is lovely and know a girl with this name, and it's shortened to Liss, Lissa and Lissy. I also know an Amelia but have never heard anybody shorten her name, though I have heard some people shorten Amelia to Millie xxxxxx

I like Alysia more, Amelia is just too common for me now, all I hear is the name Amelia everywhere

Vote for Amelia for me but agree it's quite common now. One of my friends is called Amelia (we are 28 and no-one had her name when we were kids!) and she gets called Meels as a nickname but mostly she is just Amelia.

I do like Alysia but I'd probs go with the more traditional spelling - Alicia - as I find it easier to read!

I like the spelling Alicia more too, Alysia just looks sloppy to me. Curious how others are saying Amelia is common, I have yet to meet another Amelia :)

You see to me Alysia and Alicia are sounded differently and seem like different names and I would feel if she was Alicia then it wouldn't be sounded how I wanted. I was unsure of this myself so listened to the pronunciation on the internet. The spelling Alysia is how I want it to be sounded, but Alyssia and Alicia were all sounded differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->