What do you wash your nappies in?

Butterfly1984

Mummy to Isabelle
Reaction score
Hello!

I am really excited about my nappies arriving, I can't wait :happydance: but I went to my friends the other day and she's expecting her 2nd baby and I told her about my nappies and heard her sister saying "eugh, she's going to have sh*t in her washing machine" they then kind of ganged up on me saying that the poo will stain the nappies and I said "well what did you do if your disposables ever leaked onto your LOs babygrows?" and she said she just binned them as it would stain them, I felt really deflated leaving her house because I am so excited about my fluffies and am proud that I am doing something, all be it very small, to help the environment that my little girl will grow up in and saving myself lots of money too (although I keep seeing beautiful nappies I want to order so it will probably end up costing more than disposables :haha:)
I was also told that I will get saggy bbs because I am breastfeeding :cry:

Anyway sorry for my little sulk, I will get to the point -

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my cloth nappies and although I will not need them until my :baby: arrives in 10 weeks I have started thinking about washing them!

So what do you wash yours in and how much powder do you use per wash?

Oh dear some people are so silly!

Shit NEVER goes in my washing machine!

I wash every pooey nappy as soon as its taken off - the poo is easy to wash off under the tap, and any marks I get out with shampoo lol

I use soap nuts and bio D sanitiser

I used to just wash mine in normal soap powder (fairy) at half the strength of a normal wash until Lisa off here told me about soap nuts.......I use them now:thumbup: and add a little geranium or lavender essential oil for a bit of fragrance, then every now and again bung in some nappisan.

I use persil non bio small and mighty. I just use less than half a cap in my wash and it gets them clean and i dont have probs with stains at all.

i use bold 2 in 1, yeh the poo doesnt go in the washing machine, well sometimes if its really runny but i generally use a liner anyways so if the poo doesnt just fall off i sometimes chuck the liners out, i use half the rec. amount of detergent for heavy soil, then an extra rinse afterwards

ignore stupid people, they obv dont have a clue

oh and for the record, its pregnancy not BFing that makes your boobs saggy, oh and let me also say, mine are still lovely (if i do say so myself haha) so yours might not even sag

x

firstly- I wash mine with Fairy non-bio as it doesnt irritate her sensitive skin.

2ndly- You dont put a full nappy full of s*it in the machine as liners catch alot the just wipe/wash any excess off and its a tiny amount that actually goes in!

and if anyone asks this question again- laugh at them like they've asked something really stupid...I do this now and make them look the idiot for being so niaeve!

3rdly- even if saggy boobs are a result of feeding my child, seeing her grow and prosper, its bloody worth it....ignorant tw*ts

I use Bold 2 in 1 and never put poo in my machine either :D If i have any slight stains, then they go out on the line in the sun and they vanish within no time :D

i used to just wash mine in normal soap powder (fairy) at half the strength of a normal wash until lisa off here told me about soap nuts.......i use them now:thumbup: And add a little geranium or lavender essential oil for a bit of fragrance, then every now and again bung in some nappisan.

wss :)

I use ecoballs and a tablespoonful of Ecover laundry bleach to remove any stains and sanitise. I think the ELB is the same as vanish but loads cheaper!

Also, did anyone else read the title and think...the washing machine :blush:

weeeellll, I didn't want to admit to that on here Big gob:growlmad:

I was using soap nuts but ended up hating them! now I use waitrose essential bio for nappies as they never have stains on when they come out now! Some poo goes in the wash but as I do a wash every other day the remaining poop left on doesnt have time to dry and stain (plus the bio doesnt irritate Fi's skin!!) Usual washing I use Fairy :D x

I was using Bold 2 in 1 then decided to go back to Ariel Bio. I haven't noticed a difference in the softness of the nappies, I do a short tumble dry for everything that can go in (don't do PUL wraps, don't bother with liners and wipes because they dry in no time anyway).

I use 1tbsp of powder, which I checked and it's 1/4 of the amount recommended for a lightly soiled load. Am amazed by how much stainage *does* come out with that amount, though it's not enough for really rank nappies (almost always ones that happen over weekends, when I'm at work and my husband is in charge - his idea of rinsing a nappy is not the same as mine).

I didn't get on with non-bio and none of us have sensitive skin, so I figure bio is fine.

On the odd occasions I have added some powder to my wash I've but about half a table spoon in and it suds up just the same as a scoop does :) I think they tell you to put more in to flog you more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->