What does your Display Name mean?

Xpecta

Reaction score
I've been part of this forum for a couple years now, and I've started this thread probably 3 times. I just love hearing the stories behind your names!!

So I'll start! Mine is my Russian name. It's pronounced kind of like "Hrestya" I grew up in a Russian culture in Canada and everyone had Russian names. My kids so as well. In my family we didn't have middle names, just Russian ones :)

So, what's the story behind yours?

hehe. . .mine is fairly self explanatory. White Sox Fan. . .American baseball team. :) (who are having a HORRID year and way in last place) ;)

I LOVE the carl carlton song Bad Mama Jama... it's my self-esteem pumping, dance-around-the-house JAM!

And I'm a science writer, so JAMA is a reference to the medical journal.

Plus, y'know, I'm a mommy now... :)

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing guys!

I recently got married and since I'm pregnant this baby is for 2 :)

ooh i love this thread, jumping in from 2nd tri, hope you dont mind!!

My name is Lynda, before I was born my parents had picked either Lynda or Louise. as a little kid, family nick-named me Lyndy-Lou. I hadn't been called that for so long then 2/3 yrs ago an old family friend visited and used that name in front of my Boyfriend and he has called me Lou ever since! He never uses my actual name anymore lol

Belle is a name I love and was the name of a cat we had once who was crazy and soo beautiful. It was strange cause we were total dog people and she appeared at our door a week after our dog died suddenly and we were heartbroken. she stayed about 6mnths then disappeared and I always wonder what happened to her

ooh i love this thread, jumping in from 2nd tri, hope you dont mind!!

My name is Lynda, before I was born my parents had picked either Lynda or Louise. as a little kid, family nick-named me Lyndy-Lou. I hadn't been called that for so long then 2/3 yrs ago an old family friend visited and used that name in front of my Boyfriend and he has called me Lou ever since! He never uses my actual name anymore lol

Belle is a name I love and was the name of a cat we had once who was crazy and soo beautiful. It was strange cause we were total dog people and she appeared at our door a week after our dog died suddenly and we were heartbroken. she stayed about 6mnths then disappeared and I always wonder what happened to her

No problem! Always happy to have more people!! That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing!!

Mine's a play on "puss in boots" but I'm a girl from a Mid-Missouri hicktown.

Mines a nickname, my nephew couldn't say my name when he was littler so he called me melli..my dad went from that and started calling me mellipaige or smelly melli lol

mine was from when I was pregnant with my 1st baby, my last name is Baker and my lo was born in 2011.

I was listening to Luke Bryan, "Shake It For Me" while signing up, and the baby part is because it's a baby forum :haha:. I love Luke Bryan...what can I say? Haha.

My name is Amanda....but because fellow Geordie's never pronounce the first "A" I'm more often than not left with just Manda!

I can't remember where "Roo" came from! But I've used it ad a screen name for about 10 years! And 20's my lucky number :) xx

I joined when I was planning our wedding. At the time out colour theme was candy colours (light pink and light green), I spent ages searching them web for cast coloured weddings.

My name is Emma.

That's where Candyem came from.

We didnt have candy colours in the end. We went for fuscia ;)

I lost 1 and a half of my ovaries so for me children were just a dream.... I was very overweight and I honestly didn't think it was possible. I lost 40kg (80+lbs) and saw a new gynae and in 2012 had a whole heap of tests where we discovered that my ovarian reserve was low, that I didn't always ovulate and that hubby had a low count and a chromosome issue.

Anyway we had first fertility treatment in Feb and got pregnant first go, then lost baby 8 weeks ago at 16 weeks :( I was referred for IVF in August but got pregnant naturally on our first cycle.

Anyway, still early days but I continue to DREAM :)

My name is my son's first initial. He has an unusual name called Ossian. I wanted something where there was never going to be another at school. Being an Amy I had 8 in one year group!

HappyHome - well this is what I strive to achieve, mostly its just chaos here but its all good fun and hopefully everyone is happy :) I love being at home with my family.

Ash is my son's nickname and my name begins with L and ends with A: Ashla :)

I joined this forum when I was ttc my second. So I only had Tallulah then...lulas mummy :) I now have summer too and expecting another :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->