What due date calculation is more reliable?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Would you to it from you LMP or your OV date (I was temping so I know it's right) as they both give me different due dates.

I too was wondering this, will be interesting to find out. x

Doctors would normally go with the date from your last LMP, but if you can guarantee which day you conceived, they might take that day instead xxx

Doc last night just went on LMP, said they would be able to tell more accurately at the 12 week scan and even then it can be a few days either day.

Not much help I know sorry!

Just out of interest, do you ladies know if docs EDD take into account cycles longer than 28 days? xx

Doctor's generally go by LMP but I am going by Ov date until my scan, cos I think it's more accurate. After my scan I guess I will go by my scan date.

Just out of interest, do you ladies know if docs EDD take into account cycles longer than 28 days? xx

They usually do - can make all the difference between being induced or having that extra day or two to go in to labour! xxxxx

No it doesn't, that's why I'm going with Ov date until my scan. I think if you had a very very long cycle (like several months) then doctors would accept that LMP might not be accurate but if it's a 35 day cycle they don't care and just tell you the scan will give you a more accurate idea.

with my last pregnancy my due date changed on my 12 week scan and i was put back 2 weeks - im presuming this was because my cycle isnt regular.

this time my cycle has been bang on 6 weeks but the doc went off a usual 28day cycle making me due 6th dec - but iv worked out if i go for my 6 week cycle im due 20th dec - and even better if i work it out to the day i conceived its 31st dec!! im desperate to get my scan and know for sure cos theres a big diff between the 6th and the 31st!!!!! plus the 31st dec is my mums birthday!!!!

roll on the dating scans for us all!! xx

My cycle is usually 30 days and now on day 35. Going to pluck up the courage to test later. Already worked out when my EDD would be though if it is positive, would be Dec 25th! Am so nervous to test xx

My doctor went by Ov date. From temping, I know that I didn't Ov until CD24 (previously regular 26 day cycles!), so my LMP would have me a few weeks farther along than I actually am.

My cycle is usually 30 days and now on day 35. Going to pluck up the courage to test later. Already worked out when my EDD would be though if it is positive, would be Dec 25th! Am so nervous to test xx

Good luck testing later - hope you get good news!

Yeah - good luck Katy, hope you'll be joining us here soon.

I think they only give you an estimate till the 12 week scan at which point they can be more accurate.

Let us know how you get on x

Good luck katy!! fingers crossed for you xx

I have cycles longer than 28days and my doctor only discussed that meant when I ovulated wasn't considered "regular." It didn't affect my due date, my LMP was 1/24/09 and I'm due 11/12/09. When I went on 3/17/09 I was dated at 5weeks 5days. Hope that helps...

hey noodles sorry to butt into your thread but i may be joining you had a ?bfp today!!!

and they do it 28 days past your lmp.
xx

Docs don't usually expect most women to know their O date (unless they're charting), so that's one of the reasons they tend to go by LMP only. I think O date is more accurate, though. LMP doesn't take into account the length of a woman's cycle - which often varies far from the average 28 days. If you ovulate 3 or 4 weeks into your cycle - say on CD24 or CD30, then to me, it would be more accurate to go by O date.

I know i ovulated on the 12th and 13th of Feb yet when i had my scan at 8 weeks they put me forward 4 days!

i have my 12 week scan tmrw, so will find out dates for sure then!

I have irregular periods, so, they did a sonogram and measured the baby. That seemed to be pretty acurate, seeing as she gave us one of the days we tried to concieve... but we'll see in a few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->