What has mc taught you for next pregnancy?

If I have another pregnancy I will not assume that seeing the heartbeat means all as well. I will try and stay positive but not fall into being unrealistic......
Unlike some of the other posts I will be telling more people, not my colleagues or anything of that nature, but my best friends or even close friends. I felt I was in shock for the first month after my m/c at 11 weeks, and fell apart after that. While DH is great I believe I needed more, and had to start from the ending....if that makes sense.
I will also take sick days when I can not stop throwing up or feel horrible....who cares if I use all my time, I have to believe it will work out.
The most important thing my miscarriage taught me was how absolutely devastating it was. I have been a sympathetic ear to many women and men but never got it. You just can't - so as much as I wish it didn't happen I am glad I understand some of the deep sorrow of my friends and family.

I will never ignore the feeling that something's not right. I will review signs/symptoms of preterm labour early in the 2nd tri (my loss was at 21 weeks). I will consistently monitor kicks. We will find out the gender instead of waiting to help us bond and be ready with names should the unthinkable happen again. We won't tell/confirm until much later in the pregnancy. Last time we thought we were being conservative waiting until 14 weeks.

It has also taught me not to get so friggin excited (Sounds silly) But I will try not to get fully excited until we have our baby in my arms ... Might be hard though hehe.

- I will not take about 15 HPTs to keep checking I am still pregnant! I now know that they stay positive even if pregnancy isn't viable :wacko: I will take one or two and then leave it.

- I will listen to my intuition as I was convinced something was wrong all the way through despite having no signs of problems. Although saying this, I think I will be convinced something is wrong anyway now because of last time!

- I feel like I may well not tell anyone other than OH until I've had an early scan next time as I don't want people getting excited until we've at least seen a heartbeat. Obviously this is still no guarantee of things working out, there is never a guarantee, but at least it will be further than we got last time...

COMPLETELY agree. I just knew something was wrong both times and yet no one would listen to me. :(

Next time I will not tell a soul, besides DH, until I am well until my 2nd trimester.

And I, like you, went POAS crazy! I tested every other day since I found out for reassurance when all it did was add to my anxiety level.

Thank you for sharing this. Love and baby dust to you all. :flower:

I will not get excited after seeing baby's heartbeat. Lost my first baby at 8 weeks three days, exactly 6 days after having an early scan and seeing my baby's heartbeat. In fact, I don't want to even have an early scan next time. It made it all the harder for me seeing my baby. I had another miscarriage just over a week ago before I even got to the early scan. Devastation but no D and C this time so less traumatic. I am looking forward to 'third time lucky'. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->