What have I done?!

divadexie

Reaction score
:dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

When LO wasnt feeling well, she wouldn't settle in her cot in the evenings so I was having her in her car seat wrapped up so she felt enclosed and put a blanket over it so it was dark, and having her in the living room so I didnt have to rally up and down up and down 20 times.

Now she won't settle in her cot in the evenings atall :dohh: :wacko: :blush:

How do I get over this??

She has become difficult to feed in the evenings, taking up to an hour and half to take 3/4 ounces because she drink slowly and take ages to burp!
Then she just keeps spitting the dummy out and crying!

I need my evenings back! :( I tried feeding her in the dark with a warmer bottle (feed at just above room temp in the day) as that usually make her sleepy and wont finish all of it but it didnt work lastnight or tonight.

have you read about/tried swaddling her? that might help her settle a bit better, if she liked the feeling of the car seat.

do you ever use a sling with her? that might help compromise on having your evenings back, as at least you can ahve your hands back and it might help her to settle to sleep. sam loved being in the sling as i pottered around, it's a lovely cosy place for them to be. then you can always sneak her into the cot after, you could swaddle her then to keep her settled or maybe try out a baby positioner? we used to use this one: https://www.babyreflux.co.uk/products/Summer-Infant-Snuggle-Nest-Co%2dSleeping-Positioner.html

Yeah we swaddle, I had just started having her in the sleeping bag before she was unwell and we have gone back to swaddling.

Shes not needing held, she is happy just to be in the same room with the tv noise, wrapped up and dummy she doesnt spit it out, until you try putting her in bed!

Her new winnie the pooh light mobile gets her to sleep, during the day! Lol

Think I will have to adjust her daytime feeds and see if that helps, feed her a bit earlier then get an extra feed in.

Perserverence! That's how we did it.

It is tough but she got the idea in about a week. We combined it with a proper bedtime routine and made sure she got enough sleep in the daytime so she wasn't too tired.

You could also try shifting some naps to the cot too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->