What have you bought today?

Well after your post I had to nip in and also get some they had 4 but one was crisps so I just got the 3 and will check again next time im in. They had no boxie dolls and the manager said she'd never heard of them ](*,)

Xxxx

Ah glad you managed to get some. Shame about the other ones you were after though!

I need some advice please from mummies of gamers: My boys really want Roblox for the xbox but so far we have said no cause as far as we understood there is a lot of communication going on with other players and we don't want that. But now they told us that that feature can be switched off and you don't HAVE to communicate with other players to, well, play. We have looked online but somehow the answers seem confusing, where some say yes and some say no.
They have mincraft on the xbox where the talk feature is on but there are just a few words on a ready selection so they cannot really "chat" as they don't have a keyboard. Is this the same in Roblox? Thanks for any help :)

I need some advice please from mummies of gamers: My boys really want Roblox for the xbox but so far we have said no cause as far as we understood there is a lot of communication going on with other players and we don't want that. But now they told us that that feature can be switched off and you don't HAVE to communicate with other players to, well, play. We have looked online but somehow the answers seem confusing, where some say yes and some say no.
They have mincraft on the xbox where the talk feature is on but there are just a few words on a ready selection so they cannot really "chat" as they don't have a keyboard. Is this the same in Roblox? Thanks for any help :)

This is a no go in my house. Apparently it’s a haven for peadophiles to communicate with children . Put me off instantly! Mine have Xbox Minecraft too . We get notifications to our phones as it’s connected to DHs account .

See that is what put me off too but they swore that the chat feature can be turned off. Of course if it is easy they would switch it back on without telling us. I have nightmares about stuff like that! (what parent doesn't!)

See that is what put me off too but they swore that the chat feature can be turned off. Of course if it is easy they would switch it back on without telling us. I have nightmares about stuff like that! (what parent doesn't!)
Oh god I do too !! So easy for it to happen without us knowing !

Maybe someone else will be able to say about the chat ! Or have a look on YouTube at some videos of people doing it ? X

Well I just had a look on their site and apparently you can block ALL chat and protect the settings with a pin and have that linked to your phone so that if you want to make changes you have a two step verification process, meaning that knowing the password isn't enough. My OH is going to set it up and try it out and we shall see. IF it is safe then I guess they can have it. At least it is a free game- as such.
I would still love to hear from some one whose kids are playing it though before I let them have it ;)

We don't have Roblox but my girls play animal jam on their tablets. They can message but anything that's not nice or rude they can get blocked. We tested it out and got DD1 suspended for a day....she wasn't happy. Perhaps Roblox have the same or similar restrictions.
Kind of glad we don't have gamers in the house. Every thing DH owns is pre 2000 ha ha

My son plays Roblox with his friends from school and cousins - I have his account on my phone so I keep an eye on it. TBH he doesn't chat to anyone he is just interested in playing and his friends he plays with they have a facetime call and talk to each other that way :shrug: You can change the privacy settings so no one can chat to them or send private messages or ask them to join a private game (this is what I have done to my sons account)

I'm really careful and have a lot of rules around playing games that can go online. That being said, ds4 does play it and has never had anyone attempt to contact him on it. He plays it in the living room and talks to us constantly about it as he plays anyway :haha:

If anyone see's the boxie dolls in Scottish stores would you pleaseeeee pm me :xmas3: xxxx

I'm really careful and have a lot of rules around playing games that can go online. That being said, ds4 does play it and has never had anyone attempt to contact him on it. He plays it in the living room and talks to us constantly about it as he plays anyway :haha:

Oh yes my son makes us watch him play and talks constantly also :haha:

Well I just had a look on their site and apparently you can block ALL chat and protect the settings with a pin and have that linked to your phone so that if you want to make changes you have a two step verification process, meaning that knowing the password isn't enough. My OH is going to set it up and try it out and we shall see. IF it is safe then I guess they can have it. At least it is a free game- as such.
I would still love to hear from some one whose kids are playing it though before I let them have it ;)

Thats good ! Mine still won’t be having it haha . They argue enough playing Minecraft !

Well we just tried to set it up but couldn't figure it out. I think the guide I had found was for PC roblox and not xbox. So we deleted it again. Maybe they can play it once they get their chromebooks cause the instructions there seem much easier to follow. Good thing we didn't tell them about it, now they will never know how close they came to getting it lol

Well we just tried to set it up but couldn't figure it out. I think the guide I had found was for PC roblox and not xbox. So we deleted it again. Maybe they can play it once they get their chromebooks cause the instructions there seem much easier to follow. Good thing we didn't tell them about it, now they will never know how close they came to getting it lol
So close yet so far away :haha:. Least you tried anyway ha

Yup! Not that would make the disappointment any less. In fact if they knew that it wasn't a flat out No, they'd probably try to wear us down. Sebastian is an expert at Chinese water torture tactics :haha:

Ah mine uses on his tablet so sorry no help with an Xbox :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"