What have you bought today?

Thank you Rags, they are very excited to see their siblings faces on Christmas morning. I’m glad your kiddies love doing it too :xmas8:

Finally bought for my fam.

Mom - Prints of her grandson’s Santa photo
Stepdad - wasn’t going to get him anything because drama but may get him a thing if Clorox wipes cuz they’re gone again but also as a jab for banning me lol. I’m petty
Big bro - just wants cash so easy lol
Older twin - (first year law student) book of “Haikus for Law Students” and a t shirt that says “I can’t, I’m in law school”
Older twin’s LT gf - (loves to bake but can’t afford baking tools) piping pen and a cookie decorating set
Younger twin - (med student obsessed with genetics) upgraded his dna test to include the health stuff
Son - (parenting with guilt lol so I just keep buying him things) Play farm and a General Mattias action figure and a couple more books focusing on diversity.

Just back from a tkmax shopping spree with the girls, they finished their list for their dad and gran - socks and chocolates. I picked up a couple of self assembly microscopes (only £4.99), totes slippers for my sisters PA and some little inspirational words books for the women I work with.
Picked up some fab snow boots for Ds but should have known better than buying footwear without him there! They don't fit so I'll need to take them back tomorrow.

Hope you manage to find some in his size!

We don’t usually do this but with us doing the 4 present rule I thought it would be a fun extra.
We are letting the kids pick a gift for each other so they will have three extra gifts each.
We took our youngest out and she picked up a couple of cute necklace’s for DD1 and a Star Wars storm trooper figure for DS.
Today was DD1’s turn, she got a boy LOL and a Pet LOL for DD2 and Star Wars Lego for DS.
My son is choosing his online (he has asthma so the less he goes out in public right now the better)

All I have left to get is a couple stocking fillers!

Aww that's a lovely idea :)

We don’t usually do this but with us doing the 4 present rule I thought it would be a fun extra.
We are letting the kids pick a gift for each other so they will have three extra gifts each.
We took our youngest out and she picked up a couple of cute necklace’s for DD1 and a Star Wars storm trooper figure for DS.
Today was DD1’s turn, she got a boy LOL and a Pet LOL for DD2 and Star Wars Lego for DS.
My son is choosing his online (he has asthma so the less he goes out in public right now the better)

All I have left to get is a couple stocking fillers!
Thats such a cute idea letting them pick something for each other

Aww I like the idea of letting them pick for siblings.
One year I took DD1 out to Primark and Poundland and she bought little things for all the family. Bubble bath, chocolates, slippers etc x
Maybe we'll do that next week but I'm avoiding shops where I can

Aww I like the idea of letting them pick for siblings.
One year I took DD1 out to Primark and Poundland and she bought little things for all the family. Bubble bath, chocolates, slippers etc x
Maybe we'll do that next week but I'm avoiding shops where I can
When the girls were very small their mum and I provided the money for their trip (me covering their gift to her), but from about 6 they, and my Ds, were encouraged to put aside some of their own pocket money (from about Sep) so they knew they had saved and were the ones buying the gift. Its been interesting watching how they each approach it as they've grown, some are ultra generous and I've heard myself telling them not to spend so much on each person, others quite tight and you could see them squirming at spending anything not on themselves:xmas18::xmas13::xmas13::xmas13: but come Christmas morning handing out the personal gifts brings a real sense of occasion and delight.

Last edited:
I love that they buy the other's gifts. That's such a lovely idea.

I bought a new coffee cup and lunch bag for dh.

510ARfNPYZL._AC_SY400_.jpg 31BYjVB4WLL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I’m leonie and I was supposed to be done but aldi had other ideas
Puzzle book each
Top trumps each
The squish mallow flips inside out as a different design, the kids always get each other a little gift and I was still looking for something for m from h so picked that up
4A54A8EC-8EFB-4A48-A35F-F8824657BEBC.jpeg

You ladies are doing great!!
Going to try to get some food bits today in Aldi, we will see what they have left as far as snacky bits go.

I got SS gift sorted today.
Happy land ice cream truck for Niko, 3 jumpers for my little brother, fluffy socks for my friend & saw a light up mario star projector in game I nearly bought it it’s cheaper in smyths so getting it from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->