What have you bought today?

Food and drink shop :xmas1: huge dent to the bank account!
I spent about £130 today and I don’t even know what on !!

I stocked up on nappies , wipes , toilet wipes for the children . Snacks for them all . Got meals for the next 4 days too . But still ... I dunno

I am a soft touch, and they were something I had almost got when I had been shopping for him anyway. Plus were reduced so I couldn't resist.

Ds1 had an early finish but his bus was still normal time so instead at went to meet him. We had a browse round The Works and he picked out 2 Haynes Owners manuals. One was some sort of plane from the war and another was a type of tank. I dunno, but he was looking at them longingly so I asked if he wanted them and he was being all coy about it so I said if he did he could have them but they'll be for Christmas so he'll have to wait :haha: bought another roll of wrapping paper too

Aww bless!

Did the perfume shop for the girls, I hate smelly stuff but my sister likes to give it but can't go near the shops this year. Also picked up some nice chocolates for the stockings.

I know what you mean with the food shop, we brought ours yesterday and I almost collapsed at the price!!

I was done buying for the kids but I felt my girls needed some crafts to do, my son isn’t into crafts so I got him;
Adventure Force Aon pro toy gun(he doesn’t play with them anymore he collects them)
And got my DD1 a 44 piece watercolor set in a case
And DD2 a crayola create and color 75 piece set (was half price at $10)
Also got her a cheese toasty playdoh set on sale for $5

Lynx gift set
Dove gift set
Chocolate Digestives and mug
Foxes biscuits
For my old neighbours

Bought some Christmas crackers gold and red and then seen ones with snowmen , Santa etc on so had to buy those too for the children lol

I got some crackers too today and they have a little racing game inside. Looks fun and will hopefully entertain my boys :)

Just had to place an emergency Christmas eve pyjamas order for ds! My eldest niece had wanted to get everyone their PJ's this year (was actually something her mum always did, never was my thing), anyway, she called half an hour ago to say Ds's had arrived but were the wrong size, age 8 rather than 12 (he's 10 but tall), it's such a shame as she'd put a lot of thought into them and got matching ones for my brother as well:xmas18:

Just had to place an emergency Christmas eve pyjamas order for ds! My eldest niece had wanted to get everyone their PJ's this year (was actually something her mum always did, never was my thing), anyway, she called half an hour ago to say Ds's had arrived but were the wrong size, age 8 rather than 12 (he's 10 but tall), it's such a shame as she'd put a lot of thought into them and got matching ones for my brother as well:xmas18:

Aww that's a shame hope they arrive in time x

Aww that's a shame after the effort she went to :( I hope that the replacement PJ's will arrive on time.

Oh no, what a shame. I bet she got herself all worked up too. Fingers crossed they arrive in time

Oh no, what a shame. I bet she got herself all worked up too. Fingers crossed they arrive in time
Yes, she was all stressed about it. she's sent a strongly worded email :xmas5:
Since her mum died she's made it her mission to keep her Christmas tradition as much as she can, and because her sisters live with me she's decided it includes us all. I've ordered from a supermarket click and collect, thought I was more likely to get it that way, and if I see any when I'm doing the food shop today I'll pick them up, more PJ's mean I can prize his old ones off of him, his too small pyjamas are the only bits of clothing he's reluctant to ever let go.:xmas19:

Last edited:
Think click and collect was the way to go. You don't have to worry about delivery then

Poundland version of after eights, I nearly forgot these!! And also Turkish thins which we love.
Lynx gift set and makeup set

I had to order new bulbs for my wax melt burner. They'll be here today, but could be as late as 10pm so I'm going to have to miss a day or be a day behind with the calender

Did a huge food shop and bought all the food that isn't for the 25th. I hope that I won't have to go again till after Christmas, apart from picking up our food order from M&S on the 23rd.

Did a huge food shop and bought all the food that isn't for the 25th. I hope that I won't have to go again till after Christmas, apart from picking up our food order from M&S on the 23rd.

Missing my M&S order this year. Next year I'll definitely be ordering again and booking a decent home delivery slot too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->