What is going on?

Angel269

Reaction score
Hi

I have been ttc for 6 months. I have had many "phantom" pregnacies during this time and it has now got to the point where I am so disheartened. I came off the pill 6 months ago and have had af each month, not always 28 days but have had done. My skin has started flaring up the last few months (like it used to before I was on the pill). Before and during the time I was taking the pill whenever I had AF I would have extreme pain without the pill, uncomfortabel still with the pill-since coming off the pill especially the last few months I have had no pain whatsoever-I wouldn't know I had AF except for the visual sign (if you catch my drift)-no PMT, no cramps now and then I just get some lower back pain and that is about all.

I am so confused-we have just bought ovulation strips and we will see what happens. Me and hubby are so down about things, especially at this time of year-we were hoping I'd be at least 3 months gone and were going to tell people over Christmas. This is now not going to happen.

What is going on? I am confused as well of fed up of trying now-I just can't put my heart into it anymore because I am becoming so despondent.

aww i do feel for you

6mths isn't that long in the grand scheme of things tbh...and after coming of the pill it will take some time for your body to come back to normal.

good luck x

It takes the average couple a year to conceive. Relax, and enjoy yourselves - it will happen! x x

Kinda in the same boat (though I'm old...). Went off the pill in Sept. with cyles of 30/30/27 days. Not charting, just guessing OV around CD 10-18. Also wanted to be well gone by now.

I'm trying to stay positive: keep in mind that some girls have loads of trouble after coming off the pill, with irregular or missed periods. So sounds like your body has already adjusted, and everything's normal. We just need to be patient, I guess. But I'm not patient!

I'd say give yourself a break. DON'T put your heart into it... celebrate the holidays with your hubby, have too much champagne, and enjoy life now. (Personally I plan to have too much wine tonight.) It will happen. For us both! Fingers crossed!

:hugs:

Down be down sweetie - take charge!! Do you temp? Maybe use OPKs or invest in a CBFM if you don't have one? I find knowing what my body is doing makes me feel more in control (even though I am not!). But 6 months isn't that long especially after being on the pill. If you need any temping help or anything then feel free to ask - I LOVE it!

Thanks for all your messages ladies. I have tried drinking abit, just to relax (I don't normally drink and I think it backfired). I think we have been trying too much-every day or other day from day 10 (I still can't believe that still hasn't worked!). I tried the ovulation test the other day-first 2 days were neg and then we got a definate green light and went for it! *fingers crossed* I am really hoping this time-surely it is my time soon. I am in despair-all these cute Christmas baby clothes, toys etc. Friends having babies (I have just found out one is having her second). When I am down about it like I am this is making it 10 million times harder and I seem to blub at anything baby related on the telly too.

I was using BBT charting, opks, and charting other things from the very first month -- timing BDing carefully. Still took 6 cycles for me. And it often takes others much longer. I would start BBT charting to make sure you are o'ing. Other than that, just try to be patient. I know it is SOOOO hard when you want a LO so bad. I was always gutted but those :bfn:s. But it will happen! It really will. :hugs:

I am wondering if things are for real this time. I was intimate with hubby when I got the "green light" on the OT. I have a few little thinsg which seem more than the phantom/neg tests I have had-I have been really, really tearful as well as moody and getting overly emotional about things, I have been quite "wet", quite a few twinges, I tasted two items at Christmas dinner-a sauce tasted like washing up liquid to me and a raspberry sorbet just tasted of ice (no flavour) Yesterday I ate at lunch time, a bit but no too much compared to normal Christmas meals-I did not eat any supper nor did I feel hungry when I woke this morning and struggled with a small Christmas dinner at lunch time today-Don't feel hungry now either. Could I really be there? I am really thinking this could be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->