What is my due date???

SuperKat

New baby on the way!
Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

So, I've posted this question up before and didn't really get any feedback- maybe it was confusing the way I worded it, or where I posted it, so I thought I would try again in this forum and see what you thought.

So, here's the deal. On 7/10/12 I had my last period. My husband and I DTD on two occasions, 7/18 &7/22 and were not careful- I was not on birth control and we weren't using condoms. I realized I was off on my dates and that we were having sex close to my ovulation date time- so on 7/24 I took the plan B one-step pill, and assumed it would prevent a pregnancy from occurring.

It did not. I am expecting a baby boy.

My question, is when am I due? My LMP says 4/16/13 (which means I am 38 weeks today). However, my doctor said my due date is 4/24/13...and I am not sure how that due date would be possible...If I were due 4/24, wouldn't that mean that conception would have occurred AFTER I took Plan B? It's it unlikely that would have happened?? We didn't have sex again until AFTER I got that positive test...so, in order for me to have gotten pregnant it would have had to happen from either sex on 7/18 or 7/22...
I am really wanting to start walking and stuff to help labor along...but not if my doctor is correct about my due date because if he is right then I am only 37 weeks, not 38...

Can anyone help???? I've asked this question on a different forum and didn't receive any feedback, I am going crazy here!!

(btw- I am more than thrilled to be expecting another baby, I took the Plan B pill because I was afraid of having a 5th c-section so soon after having my daughter...I am really relieved that it did not work...)

37 or 38 weeks are both considered term anyways; so unless you go over (14 days is allowed , here not sure about where you are) and they wont induce you but you feel you have have already overdue that long; then I would not worry about it -as you know baby's can be born anytime 37-42 weeks and be classed as fullterm.

I agree with you, you're EDD should be 16th April, but they must be going by scan dates which can change things slightly.

If you are concerned about going overdue on dates insist on extra screening, and placental scans to make sure that the placenta is still functioning correctly after you are 42 weeks ( or 41 weeks by your doctors date) but hopefully you'll go well before then any way xx

Good Luck xxx

Thank you for your response!! The docs office had the wrong LMP, and said the 9 week u/s was 8 days off the 4/16 date, so the changed it. If it were 7 days or less they would have left the date alone. My 20 week u/a showed a due date of 4/13. My fundal height is saying something like 44 weeks... Lol. I am being closely monitored, I am supposed to be a scheduled repeat c section, my 5th c section- and because they have my due date as 4/24 they wouldn't schedule me until 4/18. So by my dates, my c section is scheduled for 40 weeks 2 days. My concern is uterine rupture. I went into labor on my own with my daughter (baby #4) at almost exactly 38 weeks and was totally unprepared, I didn't realize I was in active labor until my water broke. It scared me to death (the fear of rupture with every contraction). So, this time I am trying to anticipate what lays ahead as much as I can..lol. (Plus I guess I am a control freak, haha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->