What is the ONE best thing you learned from BnB??

susannah14

Reaction score
If you had to choose ONE thing that you are so glad you learned from BnB, what would it be?

For me, it would be baby led weaning. I never would have heard of it if it hadn't been for BnB, and I swear it was absolutely the right choice for us. Would do it again in a heart beat. My cousin just had a baby and I said "If I have to tell you about just one thing, it would be BLW".

What about you? JUST ONE THING!

BLW for me too

For me, ERF car seats. I would never have heard of it if it wasnt for BNB :)

Well I wrote a post on BnB when Joni was 1 month old and I felt trapped in the house. Someone I know 'in real life' is also on BnB and she saw the post and knew it must be me because there can't that many babies born on the same day called Joni, so she sent me her moby wrap the very next day. i never looked back! So I guess you could say BnB brought me to my first wrap which I used every single day for 6 months x

That people potray to be the perfect mothers are often the ones not coping

it brought me some awesome friends for life aswell! :)

To follow my instincts rather then just do what is "normal" for those around me.

ERF seats and no puffy jackets in car seats (sorry, I know that's two but can't decide which is more important)!

For me, it was when I was ttc. I didn't have a clue about EWCM or temp charts. Learning all about these helped me to conceive

These are all great things for us to know. It's interesting how different things have stuck with us. Nobody's posted anything about breastfeeding yet surprisingly!

Drink lots of water and stay calm because it's probably hormones.

Definitely BLW wouldn't have known about it at all and it was absolutely the right choice for DD#1.

I learnt about breastfeeding, but that was only a tiny addition to what I learnt from my LC and my own research, but it still probably helped.

Oh, and that horror stories don't always happen to you ;) life can be easy even with a baby!

Being a human pacifier is good when baby is a newborn!

My mom tried telling me I was spoiling her (when she was a week or 2 old :wacko: ) and that she shouldn't need to nurse that often, but I knew thanks to Bnb that clusterfeeding was completely normal!

that no matter how bad it feels, there's always someone having a rougher time!

Not to put too much pressure on myself or my baby!

Lucas is very chilled and taking his time with everything (14 months and not crawling or anything) and if I didn't have BNB I think people in real life would be getting to me about it, you ladies have really helped put my mind at ease and confirm that I'm not doing anything wrong.

I also feel I learnt more in the TTC section, I wouldn't have thought of temping or anything, and it really helped me get to know my cycles.

ERF car seats. I had seen them in stores, but wouldn't have know as much as I did about them without BnB.

Also, breastfeeding support. Theres's so much I had no idea about when bf for the first time. Cluster feeds, how you know if you have enough, how to get a good latch, how to increase supply when you go back to work if it dips...so many things I had no clue about, LOL

That babies need naps.

Yes, I finished university, bought a house, and made it to the age of 26 before learning that gem. Talk about facepalm worthy.

I learned about Cholestasis of pregnancy on the 3rd tri forum....I glanced at it one day and must of just read enough to be able to spot the symptoms and self-diagnose. I went straight to my MW and thankfully caught it early and was induced.

BnB - literally a life saver!!!

Most of what i know about breastfeeding came from bnb!! I may not still be bf if it wasnt for the inspiring and encouraging threads on here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->