What is the ONE best thing you learned from BnB??

About obstetric cholestasis as I read about it in the stickies in the pregnancy forums when I was pregnant with my first. If I hadnt read about it I would never have mentioned the itching to my midwife and I ended up being diagnosed with it in all three pregnancies. I'm so glad I found out about it as it can have very serious consequences left untreated.

The importance of a good bedtime routine x

That im not a 'weird hippy' for wanting to co-sleep, BLW and not CIO :thumbup:

ERF car seats!

We initially bought the maxi cosi pebble and base which also fits the pearl which is forward facing as we knew no different. But I learnt SO MUCH on here on about carseats and the safety of them, that we decided to go ERF and I am so happy and grateful for that :)

It's all fine, it's all normal and this too will pass.

Wonder weeks! Now I know when to expect bad nights of sleep! Mostly lol

That there's no such thing as a perfect mom. There's a reason babies don't come with instructions – because it's up to us how we parent them, and there's no one right way to do it.

Without bnb i would never had recognised that my baby had silent reflux

i was told 4 times my baby was fine
on the 5th time the dr diagnosed based on my research and prescribed drugs
i wasnt happy that he hadnt been examined and wanted him to see a peadiatrician but they refused to refer him as they have a protocol, so he would have had to try one drug this week then a nother the next
i took him to a and e and made out that i was super worried about his tummy, he was looked all over and they found a heart murmer, and fully diagnosed silent reflux changed his meds over and have a follow up appointment in two weeks

i would never have dont this without the members of bnb and i am eternally grateful to all the flexers who took the time to comment on their own experiences THANK YOU

Same here too. My son Tommy had silent reflux and 24 doctors appointments in 4 months got me nowhere . The ladies on here reassured me and shared their experiences of it, taught me so much about it and what to expect that I felt I could really fight my corner with doctors who wouldn't listen. He was eventually diagnosed with silent reflux, put on the meds and referred to a paediatrician but the most help and support was from bnb.

About obstetric cholestasis as I read about it in the stickies in the pregnancy forums when I was pregnant with my first. If I hadnt read about it I would never have mentioned the itching to my midwife and I ended up being diagnosed with it in all three pregnancies. I'm so glad I found out about it as it can have very serious consequences left untreated.

Same here....thanks to the lady who started that thread, it's not a very well known illness and I certainly hadn't heard of it. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to washing powder.

Freaking Wonder Weeks! I think I would have died if I hadn't known what they were and when they were happening. Such a great app to have on my phone to refer to when Hunter randomly turns into the spawn of Satan, I can check my phone and low and behold it is a damn wonder week!!!!

I tell every mum to be to get the app!

That I know best for my baby and even if I am doing the complete opposite of what all my friends are doing if I believe in it then its right for us. Research your opinion and have the knowledge to backup your choices as this will give you the confidence to defend them to people who criticise.

That applied to so much for me. exclusively breastfeeding for 6 months, BLW, delaying immunisations, babywearing, amber bracelets, and taking my disabled child out in public at first. It was all about believing in my own choices and not giving a crap what others thought.

BnB has taught me so much about TTC, pregnancy loss, pregnancy and parenting. Brought me lots of support too.

The one thing I'd say is its helped me with everything to do with starting a family, and the help is very much appreciated!

Without bnb i would never had recognised that my baby had silent reflux

i was told 4 times my baby was fine
on the 5th time the dr diagnosed based on my research and prescribed drugs
i wasnt happy that he hadnt been examined and wanted him to see a peadiatrician but they refused to refer him as they have a protocol, so he would have had to try one drug this week then a nother the next
i took him to a and e and made out that i was super worried about his tummy, he was looked all over and they found a heart murmer, and fully diagnosed silent reflux changed his meds over and have a follow up appointment in two weeks

i would never have dont this without the members of bnb and i am eternally grateful to all the flexers who took the time to comment on their own experiences THANK YOU

Same here too. My son Tommy had silent reflux and 24 doctors appointments in 4 months got me nowhere . The ladies on here reassured me and shared their experiences of it, taught me so much about it and what to expect that I felt I could really fight my corner with doctors who wouldn't listen. He was eventually diagnosed with silent reflux, put on the meds and referred to a paediatrician but the most help and support was from bnb.

This. Without bnb I would've just let doctors fob me off with colic. After researching it and demanding gaviscon alfie was like a different baby.

Practically it was temping.

Overall the best thing is that I know I am not alone. Infertility is so isolating and here I can find loads of other people who when they say "I know how you feel" actually mean it!

So many things but probably reflux - I recognised it from the threads on here way before doctors finally acknowledged it.

And that absolutely everything is a phase.

To accept the kind of mother i am, and own that. Not to let anyone else let me feel inferior because of my age or technique.

That there are many other people out there who have asshole OHs like mine xD

To be grateful for what I have, and that there's others out there who are going through a lot worse.

It started with LTTTC, and having 1 of my BnB friends still trying now after 15 years =(
Then the horrible reminder that pregnancy doesn't always end up with a baby in your arms when I had my first. I've seen so many ladies go through things I don't even wish to imagine what it must be like. It's definitely made me more thankful and patience during even the most restless nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->