What is the ONE best thing you learned from BnB??

:blush: Tummy time lol never heard off it. My baby would probably still be lead on her back :dohh:

Appropriate nap times / bedtimes for Lo. Our bubba slept constantly at first and I was very naive thinking he would continue to nap himself when he needs to :wacko:

Um hard to choose just one thing but I suppose the best thing is that it has taught me to trust my natural instincts for raising my lo not just do something because everybody else does.

That we ALL have a hard time sometimes, and I'm not a failure because I am not perfect.

I've learnt so much from BnB that I probably don't even realise I learnt it on here anymore.

I sometimes forget I knew absolutely NOTHING about babies until I got pregnant and the first thing I did was join BnB.

I did also learn some crazy unnecessary paranoia on here as well (what was all the new baby clothes washing I did in third tri all about?) but most of the stuff I learnt was very helpful!

I found this site after a mmc and spent the next four months in a TTC frenzy, I think if it wasn't for this site I'd never have known enough about temping, opk's, softcups, preseed, vitex and everything else I obsessively threw at it to concieve my daughter!

Post baby, definitely BLW.

That babies need naps.

Yes, I finished university, bought a house, and made it to the age of 26 before learning that gem. Talk about facepalm worthy.

Try being 31 and not knowing that!!! :dohh:

The one thing for me (apart from the above) is that comfort sucking is NORMAL - those 7 hour nursing sessions are NORMAL!!!! For which I am forever grateful to BnB peeps :flower:

Clusterfeeding. My mom says she wishes that they would have had something like this when she was having kids. She introduced cereal WAY early bc she thought there was something wrong with us bc we wanted to eat all the time. :) BTW, her pediatrician OK'd it. Ahh the 70s.

Without bnb i would never had recognised that my baby had silent reflux

i was told 4 times my baby was fine
on the 5th time the dr diagnosed based on my research and prescribed drugs
i wasnt happy that he hadnt been examined and wanted him to see a peadiatrician but they refused to refer him as they have a protocol, so he would have had to try one drug this week then a nother the next
i took him to a and e and made out that i was super worried about his tummy, he was looked all over and they found a heart murmer, and fully diagnosed silent reflux changed his meds over and have a follow up appointment in two weeks

i would never have dont this without the members of bnb and i am eternally grateful to all the flexers who took the time to comment on their own experiences THANK YOU

How to bedshare safely and how im not putting my child in danger when I do it. Also how many otger mums do it!!!

Actually now you mention it, breastfeeding. I guess I wouldnt have tried without this place!

I wouldnt be able to list one thing actually...

Getting through the worries, nervous times during pregnancy.
BLW is AMAZEBALLS!! My absolute greatest thing I have done with dd. I am in awe of her everytime she eats.
ERF car seats - not enough promotion of them in the UK
Slings - I am now a little addict - the most amazing, practical bit of material that a mother has ever owned... I recommend them all the time now, infact if I had another child I wouldnt bother with an all singing dancing travel system but would want a new stretchy, a mei tai and a beautiful wrap instead!! :)

I am rubbish at keeping to 1 thing! lol!!

BLW for me too. It was the best choice for our family and Sofia is still an amazing eater :D

Ttc advice. methods, stuff I could buy, how to max chances etc. stuff that yes, I would have probably come across through googling etc eventually,but I think with Bnb you learn so much so quickly. All cool info in a condensed space!

uhmm.. that i've had the chance to use? i guess just breastfeeding. i didnt give it much thought till i read more about it here.. i'm sure the nurses wouldve gotten me to try anyway. but this was the beginning. :)

overall though i think what i've learned about RIC has been most important in my opinion. another thing i didnt give much thought to.. though i dont think it wouldve led me to doing it.. now i will choose to leave any sons i have intact. i dont debate about it.. but i feel that is the right choice for my children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->