What is the ONE best thing you learned from BnB??

I learned a lot!

For me coming across the terms "highly sensitive" & "spirited" when it comes to toddlers behaviour. I was so sure that there was soemthing wrong with my kid as he never fitted in, if I didnt come across those tems & did loads of reading regarding different temperaments & traits in highly sensitive toddlers, I'd have ended up going from one therapist to another (all private) instead of enjoying my kid & understanding the ongoing changes he goes through while growing up.

Its a tie between wonder weeks and BLW

All of the help I got when struggling with EBF/BF. It was literally the only help I got at all, and it didn't help in the long term this time as my EBF journey was forced to an end at after two months but I am absolutely armed with knowledge for the next one! And most if it was from Summer Rain, so thank you so much!

So much! I would'nt have tried BF. I wouldn't have even known about co sleeping or BLW both of which have been brilliant! Also it's made me more aware of not shoving my girls in people's faces you really don't know the struggles some people have to conceive. Also no matter how awful i thought my girls sleep was there is always someone who has it worse. And most of all to believe in my decisions and that i am a bloody brilliant mum even if i do do things a little different sometimes!

Oh and baby wearing! a life saver! if i had to one thing it would be this!

God i wonder what type of mum i would have been without this site :/

Thankyou everyone!!

"Proper" baby carriers. I've have given up after a crappy "crotch-dangler" style if it weren't for seeing the amazing carriers people had on here. I swear babywearing saved me from PND.

The coat in a carseat thing too. I'd never heard of it before.

As much as I learnt from the pregnancy and baby sections, it was the stillbirth and neonatal death support section that helped me the most, I don't use it often but when I do, the support and care I get from other angel mummies is amazing, so I suppose iv learnt that we are all there for each other.

ERF, followed by BLW. I've literally never seen an ERF seat outside of my own car in real life.

And whoever recommended Rose and Rebellion carriers to me.

ERF, followed by BLW. I've literally never seen an ERF seat outside of my own car in real life.

And whoever recommended Rose and Rebellion carriers to me.

Me too with ERF. The other children around our house tell me often that my son is 'in the wrong way'. Bless. If I seen another ERF'r I would probably feel the need to give a nod :D

I also liked there were other parents who parent like myself, so when everyone was telling me I was mad for co-sleeping etc, even though I knew it was the best for us, just knowing there are plenty of others using the same approaches did help.

I learned a lot on bnb...really hard to narrow it down to the "best" thing I learned. I never knew much about TTC and never even heard of an opk. As far as parenting goes, it's nice to write in my journal and have my friends give me their feedback and hearing that I'm a good mom especially when I'm doubting myself.

Babywearing. I had bought a crappy crotch dangler that I wore once and hated. And then I discovered all about proper babywearing, wraps and other carriers. Babywearing saved me from going insane the first few months.

How to do a special swaddling technigue that my son couldn't wriggle out of, worked wonders for his/our sleep!! :D

This is such a lovely thread. Mine is that there are kind people out there. When it seemed like no one in the world cared about my girls, people who I've never even met, proved to me that there are plenty of people out there who care about them and go out of their way to make me feel loved and supported. I couldn't think of a more important thing, than teaching me I am not alone.

Proper baby carrier. I never heard of mia tei (sp?) Until I came here. I have heard of extended rear facing because they always talked about how rear facing is the safest for children.

Ovulation!

Never in a million years would I have known about temping, opks, Fertility Friend, CM, etc. I have learned how to watch my body and listen to the symptoms instead of being totally blind about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->