What is this weird spot on my toddlers hip?

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
So noticed this properly on Friday. He has had a few boil type bites over his torso ect. Which we think may have been down to my parents cats fleas (who has now been sorted out) and I saw a couple of marks on his hip but paid no attention. Anyway one of the marks did indeed look like a bite and is healing up nicely with the rest of them. However on Friday evening I noticed this spot on his hip was really red and slightly raised and seemed to be a bit golden scabby in the middle?? I put metaniun on it but not much improvement. He had a hot bath and I gently wiped it to get the scabby bit off but just seems to be re scabbing.

My mum looked at it and says its just a funny spot and to just wait for it to go but I'm a bit freaked out by it so I think I'm going to take him to the doctors tomorrow :/ any opinions? It's not bothering him :shrug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 23
Here's a less close up so you can get an idea of size

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 27
If it's golden in the middle you might want to get it checked by a doctor as that could be impetigo or some kid of staph infection.

If it's golden in the middle you might want to get it checked by a doctor as that could be impetigo or some kid of staph infection.

That crossed my mind but thought impetigo spread to multiple sores? X

Sores and rashes are tough- as they can look very similar but one might be no biggie while the other is? My LO got a bacterial infection once, and I tried to determine it- but ultimately we went to the doc and found out it was nothing to be concerned with.

If you want the reasurrance- can't hurt to call and ask.

Couldn't get a doctors appointment today so have to wait until tomorrow. Does anyone else have any guesses to what it may be? X

Id keep his appointment, but it looks like he may have just picked at something like a pimple and it got irritated.. impetigo from my experience usually looks "wet"

I'm not sure, but I'd definitely get it checked to be sure its not staph, or if it IS staph, to get treatment for it. That was my first thought when I looked at it, since you said it was a bit raised too.

It's looking better this morning, went to the doctor anyway but LO was scared and kept crying/trying to run away so she didn't get a great look at it :/ I showed her the photos but she didn't think much of it, just said it's not a worry since it's healing and 'probably a spot that got a bit infected', does that mean staph? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->