what kids programme did you watch that you wish was still around for your kid?

Stevensmummyx

Mum of 2 boys and one surprise bump
Reaction score
IMO kids programmes today aren't what they used to be, ok obviously they are more educational but what was the harm in a few uneducational ones??
I loved looney tunes (I know its still on but on boomerang)
The moomins
The smurfs :D! Just a few, what do you wish was still on that your kid(s) would like

They're still on the TV on Pop :) My LOs watched the smurfs and moomins a few times :)

I used to love scooby doo the original old ones, I know they still show the newer ones on Boomerang but the originals are the best. I know its not Kids TV exactly but I loved Saved By The Bell and wish they hadn't took those off.
My brother when he was younger used to love The Fimbles and we found his old DVDs he had everyone made and my LOs love them too now :) x

I bought Charlie a Hanna-Barbera DVD it has Hong Kong Phooey, The Banana Splits, The Magilla Gorilla, Top Cat etc on it. He doesn't like it but I do :lol:

I love The Moomins and Trapdoor too :)

SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH :D

I have brought Clover Season 1 on DVD as a birthday present.....;)

oooh definitely the moomins! Starbright, superted, Tots TV :D

Johnson and friends oh and Noddy... They still show winnie the pooh which is fantastic...

Thundercats, Gummi Bears, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Rainbow, Pob, Worzel Gummidge, Saved by the Bell...
Hmm... I'm sure I'll think of more! :)
xx

Thomas the Tank Engine - not the new Thomas though, the old one from the 80's/90's where they actually use the model trains. I HATE the new cgi Thomas:growlmad:
Tom and Jerry.
All the Hannah Barbera cartoons.
Tots TV
Rosie and Jim
Brum
Paddington Bear
Budgie the Little Helicopter
Animaniacs
Bananas in Pyjamas (again HATE the new cgi version, why does everything have to be redone in blummin' cgi these days???)

Is it sad that I already have a few DVDs of kids shows from my childhood for LO when she's old enough?:blush: I'm not going to stop her from watching newer shows but I just don't want her to miss out either. Plus it's a good excuse for me to relive my childhood too:haha:

When I was little I loved Sooty and fun house, a bit older would be grange hill, byker grove, saved by the bell and sister sister xx

Funny bones! Although I did download a series for steven to watch! He loved it x

-Garfield the cartoon version
-Care Bears
-Rugrats
-What a mess

Going Round The Twist
Byker Grove
Fraggle Rock
Sooty
Playschool - with the triangle / circle etc window

I used to LOVE Playdays! My nana would record it every day for me :D

I also loved Fireman Sam, Postman Pat, Thomas the Tank Engine and Spot the Dog, which are still around, but they're newer versions and they're just never the same are they!

When I was a little older, I enjoyed Woof, Byker Grove, The Queen's Nose, Elidor (found it so spooky though!) and Alphabet Castle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->