What kind of bread?

princess31

Reaction score
Hi all,

When giving toast to your los which kind of bread do you use? We normally have multigrain bread but I'm thinking this isn't good for babies?

white bread is what I was told to give (actually I have a thread about that somewhere). Anyways we buy Dempsters smart bread

We use brown or wholemeal bread for our toast or sandwhiches so Lewis gets the same when I do him finger food to chew on.

I always thought that if white bread was less healthy for adults it would be for babies. :shrug:

I think that white bread is actually better for babies! Confusing isn't it!?!?

Very confusing, the whole weaning process is :wacko:

brown bread is really hard to digest and fills the baby up too much I think. We're only going to use one loaf of bread a week and so, although we usually buy brown, we've been buying white. I read somewhere that it's okay to give your baby some brown bread but say if you gave them 1 slice of brown, you should give them 1 slice of white. So like not all brown if you give them a lot. We just give white lol.

you are just a fountain of information bethanylee :)

I hate whole wheat bread, so we never buy it. Josh gets white bread. xx

My children get whatever is in the house...normally wholemeal. Hasn't seemed to affected them. When they have had white, it's given them constipation. Now they go crazy for granary......which is mad considering my middle child only has about four teeth....

My doctor said to give Erin brown bread when we start on finger foods as she is getting constipation from being on solids. xx

I suppose all babies are different! I read it in a book so I can't quote it. I read too much.

Thanks for the replies. My lo gets constipated quite easily so maybe I shouldn't give him too much?

I try not to give Hannah more than one constipating food a day, so if I give her bread I don't give her banana etc. I also try to give her at least one food rich in fiber or that has a laxative effect (peas, pears, peaches, prunes etc.) We've recently started giving her one ounce of apple juice every other day as well and so far it's worked well!

i give charlie white bread but ive never really thought about white or brown xxx

I give maxim white bread but its from "smart" its whole wheat bread but white so its much better

just wondering... if you can give smart bread which is supposed to have the nutrients of brown bread... why cant you give brown bread?

Im sure you can give brown bread lol but we hate it in this house and so does max so we get the same nutrients but with the joy of white bread lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->