What part hurt the most

Bellaloo12

Mum of 5
Reaction score
This is just for fun really just being curious as obviously It's matter of opinion but with my first I had an epidural so wouldn't know with my second birth I had nothing at all and would say that the pushing hurt the most...most of my friends say contractions hurt most but what do you ladies think? :flower:

The burning muscle cramps/spasms/pain across my back & hips while pushing. :-(

I found pushing ok as I was working with the contractions.

Contractions where really really painful on my last birth. But I never forget that last part.

Contractions defo the worst part but as she came out was more painfull but much less time.

Neither contractions, nor pushing, nor crowning was particularly painful. Intense, but not painful, but maybe uncomfortable. What hurt the most for me was the stupid cervical exam I shouldn't have consented to (just for the to tell me what I already knew - that I was fully dilated and starting to push) and getting a few stitches for my tear. That wasn't nice at all. Otherwise, labour itself was totally manageable and not really 'painful'. Had a completely natural birth with just a TENS and natal hypnotherapy.

I didn't find contractions too bad until about 8-9cm. The last bit (transition) was really tough with contractions 1 minute apart and lasting a full minute. Luckily it's also the shortest part, and for me only lasted a half hour. :) I actually prefer pushing, since at least you're able to DO something and feel in control.

The contractions that followed after my water was broken hurt the most (and I tore 4 times). I had no epidural or pain relief.

4 cm I was in agony. :( I envy these births where people didnt really feel a thing. Mine where very intense. Contractions in top of each other near the end. My doula said how intense it was.

Transition was the worst part for me - I really did feel like I couldn't go on. I got frightened at that point as I had no way to compare my labour to anything else and I thought the pain was going to go on forever.

Pushing was scary as I wasn't expecting it to be so intense and primal. It was uncomfortable but a different kind of pain. Ring of fire did hurt but I knew to expect it and it meant baby was nearly here so I coped better with it.

I found the intense pressure just before/as he was crowning to be the most painful and overwhelming.

It's interesting to see everyones experiences. For me it was for maybe about an hour before I started pushing, so I guess it was transition. I had very intense pressure and pain in my lower back. Lying on my back during a contraction was also very painful. I spent most of labour standing and walking. Pushing was hard work but a tremendous relief because it was less painful for me and I could work with it.

DD was back to back but came out facing the right way. She was turned in the birth canal as I was pushing. The most painful bit was getting her shoulders past my coccyx, where she was side on at that point, it felt like my coccyx was shattering into a million pieces over and over again. Once we got past that it was a breeze. No pain relief here either.

Two natural births so far and I'd have to say that the most painful part of both labors was when I hit transition. I have small babies (6lb) and they've both come out in one push so I didn't feel any crowning pain but those contractions from 7cm to 10cm are killer for me. It's at that point that I feel like I need to have something for pain but it's too late because I pretty much hit 7cm and I'm pushing within an hour.

Both times I found the whole thing painful - obviously - but the most painful part for me was dealing with the stitches afterwards, I spent days crying from the pain with my second

Not pushing was the worst, the MW was convinced I couldn't possibly be ready to push as it was too quick for a FTM so told me not to, then when she realised I was fully dilated I had to hold it till they could get me to a delivery room! After holding then back pushing was a huge relief :D

I'd tell them to get lost if they told me not to push when I wanted to, lol.

Mine was the stitches being done afterwards for 2 tears.

I used 4 cylinders of G&A over 5 hours of my labour

I used a full other cylinder in the time it took to do the stitches!! It was like the local anaesthetic had no effect whatsoever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->