What part hurt the most

Contractions hurt, pushing i didn't find as bad as i was actively doing something. Personally i thought the worst bit was going for a wee afterwards! I cried like a baby every time i had to 'go'!

Pushing, both times. And with DD the afterpains for the next 3 days were pretty horrible, some just felt like contractions and I didn't have any lovely gas and air to deal with them.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the after pains...They weren't bad with DS but with DD, I had contractions every time I nursed til she was almost a week old. I'm terrified of what they'll be like this time as I've heard they get worse with each kid...Wincing already.

Yes, after pains are no fun!! I can vouch for the fact that they DO get worse with each kid. I didn't have any pain relief during labor or delivery, but once the baby was out I asked for some! :haha: I had percocet for 3 days afterward to deal with them and allow me to breast feed without horrible contractions. They were never as bad as 'real' labor, but they certainly didn't feel nice.

Oh God, the stitches. Yes, I agree that they bloody hurt!! I didn't think the local anaesthetic touched it either. It was the only time during the whole labour/birth experience that I swore! Also, and I'm not sure if they do this as a matter of course, but they stuck a tampon in me whilst they did the stitching and OMG, that hurt!

I found the contractions unbearable towards the end. Pushing was a relief as it gave me something to focus on. When DD's head was crowning it stung a lot, but I was still more comfortable then than during transision!

For me the contractions were more painful but the pushing was more exhausting.

Being stitched up was awful, the injections of anesthetic was the worst - youch!!!!

Also (this sounds ridiculous!) being wheeled in a wheel chair from the delivery room to the post natal ward was awful. Sitting on freshly done stitches - I would have been better walking!

It's so strange for me, I had a natural birth huffing G&A and the pushing was the absolute worst pain. I don't understand now being through it people who say that pushing felt good. My son was back to back and came out back of the head first. They took my amazing gas because I wasn't pushing well with it! :haha: When I had to push I 'quit' my labour, had a freak out and demanded a c-sectio. The two midwives talked me through gently and then I just endured that pain and just got it done.

Ring of fire was bad but at least I knew it was almost over.

I actually tore up the front and I was so excited to hold the baby I hardly remember the pain from the moment but the needles to freeze me (including one right beside my clitoris)....THAT was worse than the ring of fire......but for me pushing was the WORST of it all. Ugh god! :wacko:

Honestly.....having local anesthetic injected in to my hoo-ha (which wasn't given enough time to work) then seeing the doctor do a braced face as she cut me. Oh god, it makes me cross my legs now and it was 7 months ago lol

or then again, i do remember trying to climb off the back of the bed as she put the forceps in. That was rather painful. Hmmmm, cant decide between the two! xxx

Guess I was lucky I didn't feel the anaesthetic or the episiotomy. She topped up the anaesthetic for the stitches as well so that was fine.

Active labour was definitely painful, but it seemed easier to cope with when I knew I was 9cm dilated and there wasn't much longer to go.

Peeing for the week afterwards was horrible :-(

For me last time the after pains whilst breastfeeding were awful! The labour part wasn't so bad at all.

First time the crowning-ouch!

I had a natural birth with my second and it was the best experience I could've asked for, the worst part was the contractions, it was a relief the push! I had an episiotomy which didn't hurt me at all believe it or not even after, the healing was great! I took raspberry leaf tea and I took evening primrose oil pills vaginally, which I think helped everything a lot!!!

With my first it was the contractions, with my second after pains, pushing was very quick with both I barely remember.

But after pains oh my god. I had no pain relief with my youngest, I don't remember screaming just got it done, but when I got an after pain for the next few days I used ibuprufen, TENS, hot water bottle and was on all fours screaming in pain. My karma for quick labours! Would give birth again in a heart beat, I don't want to experience even one after pain ever again. Not trying to scare anyone I seem to a freak not met many people that experienced them quite like me, I got them with my first (not as bad) which is unusual.

If you have already had a baby then expect your second labour to go much faster. Out of all my friends on their second babies, all had labours under 5 hours and several under an hour! The most painful part of second labours is the rapid dilation from 5cm-10cm. My 2nd labour was fast and the contractions just before my body started to push were horrifically painful but the second my body started pushing it was such a relief.

Ring of fire. Can still feel that stinging now and gosh it makes me wince.

The ring of fire didn't bother me that much. I still remember the sympathetic look on the MWs face, saying "it hurts so much doesn't it" I said "no it doesn't hurt, just stings". I was just so relieved that the awful pressure on my back had gone that a bit of stinging didn't seem like a big deal. I'm sure it's a lot worse for some ladies though

If you have already had a baby then expect your second labour to go much faster. Out of all my friends on their second babies, all had labours under 5 hours and several under an hour! The most painful part of second labours is the rapid dilation from 5cm-10cm. My 2nd labour was fast and the contractions just before my body started to push were horrifically painful but the second my body started pushing it was such a relief.

That's quite scary. My first labour was 3.5hrs total, and I dilated to 8cm extremely quickly and had to start pushing at 8cm. It would've been quicker if she hadn't have been back to back. Good job I want a home birth for #2 :haha:

You will probably sneeze in bed and be like "oh! a baby!"

That's quite scary. My first labour was 3.5hrs total, and I dilated to 8cm extremely quickly and had to start pushing at 8cm. It would've been quicker if she hadn't have been back to back. Good job I want a home birth for #2 :haha:

That's a good plan! My first was 4 hours and my second was less than an hour, I planned a HB too but the MW was late! But it was fine, would have been worse of I tried to get to the hospital.

You will probably sneeze in bed and be like "oh! a baby!"

Well considering I had no signs of labour until I woke up to my waters breaking, (we got to the hospital 45mins after that and I was 8cm and pushing), I think that's definitely a possibility!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->