What part hurt the most

DS was worst and longest, worst part for me was back to back contractions it honestly felt like someone was taking a sledge hammer to my back

Definitely the contractions for me, with both of mine. The pushing baby out was a breeze compared to contractions. Once you are pushing baby out, you know you're probably near the end so maybe that's why. I've heard people say the worst part is the crowning but for me, that was the best bit because, although it stings (that's how I'd describe it), it's almost satisfying because you just know that one push more should have baby out. I didn't find that bit hurt either to be honest, well not that much anyway x

I gave birth on gas and air and had second degree tear. Worst part?! Bloody breastfeeding. It was just not suited to me for whatever reasons (he had a Tongue tie but the hell continued even once snipped) and I went through several weeks of pain and anguish before changing to formula, which then felt like some kind of heavenly relief. I'd take a day or so pain of birthing than THAT easily. Dreading it already with my next but hoping each experience may be different. I did find contractions harder than pushing, I realised at pushing stage I was no longer sucking gas and air but concentrating instead

Labour and birth was great, floated through on gas and air. Recovery from an episiotomy.....awful. Thought I would never sit again. Xx

I had an epidural, but contractions hurt and the hemorrhoids from pushing. Took at least 10 for the hemorrhoid pain to subside. :(

For me getting stitches after I tore was worse than labour and pushing!

Having the stitches afterward hurt more than the labour- I swear that although they used local anaesthetic I could feel everyone!

I gave birth on gas and air and had second degree tear. Worst part?! Bloody breastfeeding. It was just not suited to me for whatever reasons (he had a Tongue tie but the hell continued even once snipped) and I went through several weeks of pain and anguish before changing to formula, which then felt like some kind of heavenly relief. I'd take a day or so pain of birthing than THAT easily. Dreading it already with my next but hoping each experience may be different. I did find contractions harder than pushing, I realised at pushing stage I was no longer sucking gas and air but concentrating instead

Oh my God. I really agree that breastfeeding for me was worse than labor. Well. I did have epidural but even before epidural it was easier than breastfeeding. At least you know labor is ending, breastfeeding was all day every day! :dohh:

I didn't have any pain until i was in transition. I don't think it would have been as bad if I hadn't been in the car for the 40 minute drive to the hospital. It felt like I was being run over by a truck. As soon as I started pushing I felt a million times better. Pushing him out just felt like doing a huge poop haha.

My labour was only 3 n half hours from first contraction. I'd definately say the worst part was when she was lying on the bottom of my back during pushing. Agony!

Em xx

When I got shooting pains up my bum and into my back from him trying to turn and hitting a nerve.
Oh and he wasn't engaged so when my waters broke I was standing and his head hit my cervix and I gasped in pain.
Xx

It's a toss up between transition (when you reach full dilation) and the ring of fire when he was crowning :(

Contractions hurt especially when they become more frequent and last longer but the ring of fire when crowning wow I will never forget that pain it hurt so bad it literally feels like someone is burning you down below I'm dreading it this time round x

Mine was after I had delivered. My Dr didn't wait for the placenta to detach he just yanked on the cord And delivered I guess what he thought was the whole thing because he stitched me up then left. I started to hemmorage and he had to come back and litterlly dig the rest out!!!! Then give me more stitches because his arm in there!!! Very traumatic and VERY painful. Made pushing for 2 hrs seem like a cake walk!!!

I didn't experience that ring if fire but my god hannah that sounds dreadful.
Xx

It was and I absolutely hated the whole experience because of that stupid dr!!!! This time I have an amazing midwife so I have high hopes!! I don't remember the ring of fire either.....

Fingers crossed then! I too have high hopes for a home birth which I attempted with ds but the midwife left me saying I wasn't in active labour, I definitely was!
Xx

Wow Hannah, how horrible! My sister had a similar mishap. She ended in infection and more issues bc of it. Basically same exact scenario. I cannot believe the negligence of her doctor. He and his staff tried to cover it up as well. I think had she pursued it in court, she most def would have won. The scary thing is, she was the five min point and hadn't delivered the placenta so he yanked on the cord and it broke. I can't imagine how traumatizing that must have been. He left brusing on her belly and evwrythingg, all bc he wanted her to finish up on his agenda and time frame. He was far too impatient. There was absolutely no medical reason for it. He just wanted to go catch the next baby to collect the money. Makes me sick to hear that women are taken advantage of and left traumatized bc of these situations. I am so sorry to hear you had to experience it too but I'm glad you are looking for prevention and solutions the next go around. You are def a strong mom x

The contractions definitely. I didn't find the pushing or crowning bit painful really. I did find everything so much easier once I was in the pool though. before I was in the pool my contractions were literally making me thrash about like a fish out of water and vomiting all over the place! I hadn't planned a water birth but the midwife suggested I get in the water to ease the pain and I have to say it was an absolute life saver!!

nothing compared to the pain of weeing on my tear afterwards though! ouch!! most painful thing ever. In fact the recovery process in general was much worse than I thought it would be, and I didn't even have stitches (just a minor labial tear and graze!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->