what position do you sleep in?

nlz2468

Reaction score
what position do you find yourself sleeping at night? dont know if its just me but i keep worrying myself about sleeping on my side and i turn over on each side throughout the night but i feel like im squashing beanie is this ok? I try to sleep on my back but find it really uncomfy anyone else sleep on there side?

i know heavily pregnant woman sleep on there sides with support cushions/pillows but i feel like im twisting my tummy and its squashing up when i lie on my side :wacko:

:haha: u wont squish beane its like as smaller then ur thumb nail x

I lie on both my sides, its the only way I can get comfy, I use to sleep on my stomach but thats really uncomfortable now.
They say (when your further along) to only sleep on your left side but thats only when ur heavily pregnant.
I can't just sleep on my left side, it hurts after a while.

i lie on my side-front kinda like the resus position... found it very hard to do so from about week 7-10 felt like i was lying on a stone then week 11 i was fine got worried!! this week feels like im on a bloody rock!! lol yesterday morning hubby said aww aint u sweet laying on ur back with both arms up by ur head! i was like uhhh i do not sleep like that! he took a pic and showed me so im sure your body will find a comfy position for u.

sleeping on your left gives optimum blood flow and also helps reduce chances of piles and swollen ankles etc. After 16 weeks you should try not to sleep on your back because of the weight :)
getting comfy is hard though, Im usually a tummy sleeper and have difficulty sleeping.. but have been finding it more comfortable on my left lately x

i turn about a lot, sides, back, upright, and sort of side front as well.

thanks girls like reading all your replys! i know bubs is only tiny at the moment but with all the moving around i do in my sleep and turning over again and again i worry im going to cause a problem....think im just paranoid hehe...

i dont know how heavily pregnant woman cope ive heared they get terrible backache and have bad night sleeps it must be so uncomfy sleeping in the third tri, i feel for them :hugs: x

like 50 pillows. at the end of my last pregnancy my fundal height was 45! i cant even begin to tell you how uncomfortable that was lol i slept upright.

I made the most of sleeping on my tummy until it got too uncomfortable (9 weeks), and now I'm making the most of sleeping on my back as I know that I won't be able to do that for much longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->