what should babys fetal heart rate be??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by zoehamp, Apr 16, 2009.

1. zoehamp

zoehamp mutha of 2 and pregnant

hiya all, i have got a doppler and i was just wondering what babys heart rate should be as it sounds fast so i timed it 10 secs, then i timesd it by 6 so you get heart rate per minute it was 168, dnt know if it is high or low, some times it sounds like a galopping hourse, then it souds fast, like faster then what im normally used to, i listen to it every day as i have bleed since i was around 12wks and since then i have has 5 days break, with no blood what so ever. your answers will be much appriciated, xx

2. bjl1981

bjl1981 Well-Known Member

Well I just heard mine and it was 140, and I think it starts faster and slows down towards the time of birth. So its probably about right :)

3. MishC

MishC Has a little princess!!

Last monday i was told at my stage it should be between 120 - 160bpm

4. MishC

MishC Has a little princess!!

And mine was between 125 - 135 last monday

5. zoehamp

ahh thank you, so it does sound in normall range then
    i worry tooo much i think. but i think that was down to past, i shoudl really stop worring

6. bailey4eva

bailey4eva Mummy to Jake :)

Mine was 162 (I found it today with my new doppler so I feel the need to tell the world and make them listen to it haha). Old wives tales may say you are having a girl as the rate is quite high (not abnormally but higher up in the range). x x x

7. baby.love

baby.love Guest

My bubs HB ranges between 145-151BPM.. But it started at 164BPM at 11 weeks :)

8. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

Caylee stays between 140 to 155

9. Charlie5

Charlie5 Well-Known Member

I think the usual range is 120-160 but when the baby moves it will go up a little bit. Hope this helps.

10. TTC LADY

TTC LADY Well-Known Member

Mines between 155 - 159 consistently.

11. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

168 is fine, must be girl! They say over 140 (or some say 150) is a girl, below is a boy. Also depends whether they are asleep or awake. Mine ranges from 150-160 maybe I'm having a girl too x

12. Jai_Jai

Jai_Jai Mummy to my Jellies

My LO is between 140-156 depending how tired s/he is :rofl: sounds perfectly healthy to me hun :hugs:

13. zoehamp

well funny you should say that i have a very strong feeling im carrying a girl. my mum thinks im having a boy, lol. plus that chinese sex chat thingy, says im having a girl too. lol.well we will find out next friday thats when i have my last scan.

14. zoehamp

i mean chart not chat, thank you so much girls i really appriciate it. so its normall then. how hig would it be to get in contact with midwife or hospital, just not really sure, may sound stupid but just to be safe. when will i know it is tooo high, or not normal

15. Waiting4Baby

Waiting4Baby Well-Known Member

It's not abnormal. My baby's heart rate was 160, as I was told, the only time I got a number from my doctor... I think that was around 14 weeks. Monday, at my 4D ultrasound, the tech told me his heart rate was around 140. So, it dropped. I also heard it was supposed to be higher at earlier stages, but I don't know if that's quite true.