what should babys fetal heart rate be??

zoehamp

mutha of 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
hiya all, i have got a doppler and i was just wondering what babys heart rate should be as it sounds fast so i timed it 10 secs, then i timesd it by 6 so you get heart rate per minute it was 168, dnt know if it is high or low, some times it sounds like a galopping hourse, then it souds fast, like faster then what im normally used to, i listen to it every day as i have bleed since i was around 12wks and since then i have has 5 days break, with no blood what so ever. your answers will be much appriciated, xx

Well I just heard mine and it was 140, and I think it starts faster and slows down towards the time of birth. So its probably about right :)

Last monday i was told at my stage it should be between 120 - 160bpm

And mine was between 125 - 135 last monday

ahh thank you, so it does sound in normall range then
i worry tooo much i think. but i think that was down to past, i shoudl really stop worring

Mine was 162 (I found it today with my new doppler so I feel the need to tell the world and make them listen to it haha). Old wives tales may say you are having a girl as the rate is quite high (not abnormally but higher up in the range). x x x

My bubs HB ranges between 145-151BPM.. But it started at 164BPM at 11 weeks :)

I think the usual range is 120-160 but when the baby moves it will go up a little bit. Hope this helps.

168 is fine, must be girl! They say over 140 (or some say 150) is a girl, below is a boy. Also depends whether they are asleep or awake. Mine ranges from 150-160 maybe I'm having a girl too x

My LO is between 140-156 depending how tired s/he is :rofl: sounds perfectly healthy to me hun :hugs:

Mine was 162 (I found it today with my new doppler so I feel the need to tell the world and make them listen to it haha). Old wives tales may say you are having a girl as the rate is quite high (not abnormally but higher up in the range). x x x

well funny you should say that i have a very strong feeling im carrying a girl. my mum thinks im having a boy, lol. plus that chinese sex chat thingy, says im having a girl too. lol.well we will find out next friday thats when i have my last scan.

i mean chart not chat, thank you so much girls i really appriciate it. so its normall then. how hig would it be to get in contact with midwife or hospital, just not really sure, may sound stupid but just to be safe. when will i know it is tooo high, or not normal

It's not abnormal. My baby's heart rate was 160, as I was told, the only time I got a number from my doctor... I think that was around 14 weeks. Monday, at my 4D ultrasound, the tech told me his heart rate was around 140. So, it dropped. I also heard it was supposed to be higher at earlier stages, but I don't know if that's quite true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->