what should i do?- chickenpox?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I have just found out from a friend that her son has the chickenpox
he is almost two and he definately touched my baby.
what should i do?

Nothing hun
There is nothing you can do, he will probably be fine if he does get them, just keep fluids up in case he gets a tempaerture (rare)
and get calomine cream rather than lotion so his skin doesn't get dry, if he does develop them

like Jo said there really isnt anything you can do hun , apart from fluids and just kep an eye out :hugs:

isnt is very dangerous before 3 months?

Its most dangerous within the first 4 weeks. Found this on a NHS website for you

Testing
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a weakened immune system you are more at risk of developing complications. Babies less than four weeks of age are also at risk. If you fall into one of these groups and have been in contact with someone with chickenpox, or you suspect you, or your child may have developed the condition, then you should visit your GP straight away. You may require some tests to establish your immunity to the condition.

Agreed, not really alot you can do unfortunatly, other than keep a beady eye out!! Chicken Pox are contagious 48 hours before the spots actually appear so nobody could know they were coming anyways.

Id arm myself with Cotton Wool and Calamine Lotion!! :dohh:
x x

im waiting for lillys to come out, he doesnt have to touch ur baby just be round ur baby for 15 mins or face to face for 5 mins! the infection can be there 10 days - 3 weeks before the spots come out. and if your around somebody who has them its 9/10 chance of getting them. but also if your friends son has had the spots for 7 days or more he isnt infection anymore.

im kinda glad lilly will probably get them because id rather her get them now when i can stop her scratching lol
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->