What sort of birth.............

Terrie said:
does a birthing pool help with pain relief?

It is meant to dull the pain, and you can stay in the pool all the way til the birth, and depending on what position you are in, you are able to feel and see the birth more than someone who is laying down.......it is a lovely way for baby to come into the world :D

mommy23angels said:
I'll be having a c-section. I've had 1 with my daughter, after fully dilating and pushing for 2 hrs with no success of getting her out. With my son, I tried for a VBAC, but it failed because the epi guy messed it up, and I did not want anyone trying again. So I ended up with another c-section. Healing from the 2nd one was a lot easier than healing from the first.

With this one, if I make it to 35 weeks, my dr says we'll do a c-section at the hospital closest to me. If I go early again, like I did with my son, I'll be at st. vincent's again.. and I'll try for a VBAC again, and won't give up so easily. More than likely, however, it'll be a c-section for me.

Corrr blimey hun, you have been thru it a bit.......I hope everything goes smoothly and you get what you want this time :hugs: xx

Tam said:
Terrie said:
i dont even know whats available i just realised lol... ill have to ask my midwife on wednesday!

Bless......usually there is the gas & air, pethedine and epidural........they are the main ones available hun, but you should talk it all thru with your MW and start doing a birthing plan soon xx

a birthing plan, what a wonderful idea... then i will have a piece of paper to scrunch up and throw at somebody during labour!!!!!!!!!

Tam said:
lexis_mommy said:
hi i am planning on a hospital birth, possibly in the birthing tub there :D i would like that i think i wanted to use it with my daughter but she was c section so i couldn't. i want lots of pain relief, but no epidural...apparently two of my friends used it and only froze halfway, and one of my moms friends used it way back and has had back problems ever since....also am very scared of needles going into my back lol (was very hard getting the spinal for the c section) i am just hoping it goes fast and easy and there are no complications because i really really want a vaginal birth not another c section :D

Awwwww hun :hugs:

Epidurals are only meant to freeze you half way......that is the idea of them, so you are still able to hold baby and enjoy the moment.

I really hope you get to have a naturl birth hun [-o< xx

no no i meant that only like the left or right side of their bottom half froze not their top didn't lol i knew that....but like on the bottom only their left side or right froze not both :D

lexis_mommy said:
Tam said:
lexis_mommy said:
hi i am planning on a hospital birth, possibly in the birthing tub there :D i would like that i think i wanted to use it with my daughter but she was c section so i couldn't. i want lots of pain relief, but no epidural...apparently two of my friends used it and only froze halfway, and one of my moms friends used it way back and has had back problems ever since....also am very scared of needles going into my back lol (was very hard getting the spinal for the c section) i am just hoping it goes fast and easy and there are no complications because i really really want a vaginal birth not another c section :D

Awwwww hun :hugs:

Epidurals are only meant to freeze you half way......that is the idea of them, so you are still able to hold baby and enjoy the moment.

I really hope you get to have a naturl birth hun [-o< xx

no no i meant that only like the left or right side of their bottom half froze not their top didn't lol i knew that....but like on the bottom only their left side or right froze not both :D

Ohhh :lol:

Spunky Cupkake said:
well im hoping to have a home birth with this one so fingers x

Good Luck babe!! xx

im hoping for a homebirth only gas and air and maybe pathadine so lets hope this baby decideds to come out in the house lol xx

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/remoteImage-178.gif

spunky cupcake
i'm planning a home birth too and maybe hiring a doula.

Hi,

I don't know if any of you have heard of this before, but I recently read about it in a magazine and have been looking into it...The technique is called hypnobirthing, instead of lamaz or drugs, you put your self in a hypnosis state of mind, and remind yourself that childbirth is natural, and there are a bunch of other tricks that go with it, but I havn't taken the class yet so...Supposedly it works better then any drug, and works very well. Do any of you have opinions about it? I'm curious to see what people think?

I'm having an off ya face birth,dont want to remember I have rest of life with babe to enjoy,I am so scared that it isnt something,I can relish looking forward to at the moment.....

Stephanie7706 said:
Hi,

I don't know if any of you have heard of this before, but I recently read about it in a magazine and have been looking into it...The technique is called hypnobirthing, instead of lamaz or drugs, you put your self in a hypnosis state of mind, and remind yourself that childbirth is natural, and there are a bunch of other tricks that go with it, but I havn't taken the class yet so...Supposedly it works better then any drug, and works very well. Do any of you have opinions about it? I'm curious to see what people think?

That is what I wanted as nothing worked for me pain relief wise last time, but the price is so steep and I would need to be looking into it now, and what with Xmas and still having to buy Alfies bot & bobs, I think I will have to give it a miss :cry: Which means I am cacking myself now! :cry:

bexxie said:
I'm having an off ya face birth,dont want to remember I have rest of life with babe to enjoy,I am so scared that it isnt something,I can relish looking forward to at the moment.....

That is something like I am hoping for now :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"