What sort of things can you do on a tablet?

TTCabundle

Reaction score
My laptops broke so I'm looking at either getting a netbook or a tablet?
Can you go on word on a tablet and see documents ect? Or are they just for browsing the internet? I'm so confused lol! X

Yes you can view pdf, word, excel etc on a Tablet. However, if you produce documents, reports etc I would choose a Laptop.

I have an iPad & a Galaxy Note Tab (along with Galaxy Note Phone) and whilst I use my phone on a daily basis to access works emails & view attachments, I will always use my Laptop for work (accessing database and producing reports in Excel).

I have a net book and I seriously wish I'd never bought it. It is the slowest piece of crap I have ever known!

Tablets as far as I know are just like big iPhone/smart phones. I'm actually thinking of getting one myself.

If you use MS office a lot then I would recommend getting another laptop.

I have a galaxy note 10.1 & I use it intensively for studying, reading, taking notes, watching videos, etc. But I still need my laptop from time to time.

I couldnt live without my laptop, a tablet can be quite limited or awkward. I can pretty much do everything on my ipad but life is much easier cracking the macbook out

I use my tablet for most things, social networks, research for college, online shopping games etc I dont have Internet in my house and it's the only way I can get online as it comes with 10gb a month however I have to use my partners laptop for typing up coursework x

Thankyou everyone! I produce documents a lot for work so think id be bestwith a laptop :) x

I had an Asus transformer with the keyboard dock and that came with office software which was just as good as office on a computer - you could open them in word as well. You could also do spreadsheets etc. I smashed the screen so sold it on eBay as defective and got a nexus 7 with the money. I do also have a laptop for things like Photoshop, its nice to have both. Some things I just can't do on my tablet that I need the laptop for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->