what the hell am i doing wrong?

Dopeyjopey

Toddlers are fun :)
Reaction score
Please help ladies, it's all going wrong!

All the nappies I use seem to disagree with me :cry:

Ittis are leaking poo out of the back of the legs
Easyfits are leaking wee out of the legs and seem to dig Into Albert's legs
Bamboozles seem really bulky round A's tummy

I've got to pick up some naughty babies and a WN from the post office but am worried i'll have the same problems.

Any Ideas where I'm going wrong? I'm all spent out now so can't buy any more :(

are these new or pre-loved nappies honey?

if they're new how many times have they been washed.

They're all preloved and had been prewashed. I did an extra wash before I used them just to be on the safe side too. So confusing!

if you have the 'old' style bamboozles it's quiet normal for them to be bulky on the hip.

i've no experience with the easyfits but i know ittis don't suit everyone. do you have the snap in ones or all in one (is there one or two bits in the nappy)

Albert might just be too small (yet) for the nappies you've chosen for him.
When they're so diddy there tends to be a lot of leg gape and A LOT of runny poo and it's not a winning combo.
The best is to go with 2 parters. Motherease Sandys and a little wrap for example.
If you don't want to swap/sell the ones you've already got you might have to wait for a few weeks till he chunks out :hugs:

Think I'll try some different wraps with the bamboozles - they seem fine until i put the wrap on top - they seem to have SO much velcro!

The ittis are AIOs. I found them great at first, I'm wondering if it's because he's in between two poppers, if that makes sense. One seems a bit too tight but to go looser is a bit too loose.

I'll just have to keep trying I think, it'll take more than this to beat me! haha

Nature Babies wraps might be good as they popper up quite small?! Also BB wraps which I love. Good luck hun you're doing great!

Like Bayleaf suggested, the two part systems with a good cover might work best atm. Emma leaked out of pretty much all pockets until she was a few months old and the only thing that we got on with were fitted diapers with a motherease cover. Hope you find a combo that works for you :hugs:

Do you want to meet next week and you can have a look at some of mine? :thumbup:

What weight is he now? x

Do you want to meet next week and you can have a look at some of mine? :thumbup:

What weight is he now? x

That would be good hun, just let me know when you're free! :)

He was 8lbs 10oz a week ago - HV is coming in an hour so will find out how much he is now if she weighs him again!

x

I'll text you later to organise a day :flower: but I'm free tuesday onwards :) :thumbup:

I imagine it's a a fit problem hun. Try them tighter or looser. Sid was 8lb 4 at birth and a lot swamped him. Pockets are only really just fitting now tbh and he's over 15lbs. The shape of their legs seems to have a lot to do with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->